Across the UK
'Walks and Walking in Britain: Walking Books, Accommodation, Maps, Walking Holidays, Free Walks ... Here You Can Access Over 16,000 Walks Across Britain ...' Note 'Bestwalks.com is now under new ownership and we are planning lots of exciting developments to the website ...' (2016)
'Canals and rivers offer accessible walking routes at all times of year. Aside from lock flights, your path is level and there’s little chance of getting lost! The unfolding scenery of a canal-side stroll also takes some beating. Where else could you find such a mix of wildlife, architecture, countryside and of course, the thing that brings it all to life, narrowboats.'
'This site documents some Great British walks providing route details, maps, pubs, features and folklore. Although predominately focused on Norfolk and Suffolk, there are walks from a wide selection of other regions.'
'Click on the List of Paths link to view a list of the LDPs known to us. We have over 1,300 routes with details "available online" on this site and more are being added so you may find it easier to use the search facilities ...'
The UK Trailwalker's Handbook [Cicerone]
'Get your walking shoes on and come and enjoy some of our wonderful walks through the finest countryside.'
The Trust operates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is a separate National Trust for Scotland.
'Our Reserves are wonderful places to get closer to the natural world. As well as beautiful birds, you'll find fascinating flowers, graceful deer, delicate damselflies and stately trees, to name but a few ...'
'Charity that works with communities, policy-makers and partner organisations so that people can choose healthier, cleaner and cheaper journeys and enjoy better, safer spaces to live in. All over the UK, we make a positive difference to people's lives.'
'Welcome to my website. My name is Tim Bertuchi and one of my favourite pastimes is walking / hiking and most of the current content of the site can be found in the Walking section which has photos and descriptions of the walks I have done ...'
'With nearly 15,000 pages of walking information, including many walk descriptions, "Walking Britain" is dedicated to the footpaths that cross the landscape ... The aim is to make this the best walking site in Britain with a wide variety of walks and your input is always welcome ...'
'With around 25,000 visits each day, this is the most popular free content web site for walking in Great Britain on the Internet. There are reports of all the walks covered with full statistics and all with complimentary pictures'
Link to the Wikipedia Category listing six Subcategories and twenty-seven Pages. (Individually named paths, trails and related walks are referenced here under their name.)
'Here at Walking Pages our mission is to provide a user friendly information resource for people who enjoy recreational walking in the countryside. We hope to give you ideas for places to go for a walk either locally or, if you are planning a holiday, anywhere in the British Isles.'
'On Walkingworld you can find over 6500 routes, contributed by more than 450 walkers from all round Britain. This huge library of carefully prepared guides means you can find a good selection of walks, of varying lengths and grades, pretty well anywhere in the country.'
Many walks described within their woodlands. If you do not have a specific area in mind, perhaps best to 'Search the Woodland Trust' using keywords such as path, trail, walking, etc: 'All of our woods are free to visit'. You could also download the PDF detailed guide Visit Woods - A Walk in the Woods produced in conjunction with the Scottish Paths For All Partnership (though the "Visit Woods" Website itself seems no longer accessible).
'At Action Medical Research, we offer some incredible events whatever your ambitions, sporting ability or location. You will receive excellent support before and during your event in the knowledge that you will be helping to stop suffering in children. Every event helps fund medical research to treat sick babies and tackle premature birth, to make life better for children with disabilities, and to target a group of rare diseases that together severely affect many forgotten children.'
'Alpine Exploratory exists to discover the best mountain walking in Europe - the most beautiful mountains and the most spectacular routes - and to give clients enjoyable and satisfying holidays based on this research We place great importance on a friendly, efficient and positive approach to all aspects of organising holidays.'
'Memory Walks will be taking place across England, Wales and Northern Ireland to raise money for a world without dementia. We need thousands of people to walk with us – because arm in arm, step by step and pound by pound, we will get there.' Usually held September.
'An annual biological pilgrimage that celebrates "our place" within the biodiversity machine we call evolution. Although the inspiration for this walk is to provide a shared experience for non-religious people, our common origins belong to us all and so we warmly extend an invitation to anyone.' Usually held early Summer.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings