'Our walking and social group is aimed at people in their 20s and 30s and is part of the Ramblers Association. We are based in Berkshire, mainly around Reading, Newbury and Slough and provide walks at a variety of lengths on weekends and summers evenings.'
'We have a fine selection of social walks throughout the year. Most are in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, or Berkshire, though we occasionally stray further afield. Naturally, the River Thames and the Chiltern Hills feature in many of our walks, which we aim to make friendly and enjoyable outings with a leader to guide us through the day. On most of our walks, unless it says otherwise in the programme, you should bring food and drink for lunch and snacks. If the leader has planned for the group to eat lunch in a pub this will be clearly stated in the programme.'
'We are a medium sized friendly walking club based in the Berkshire area. We have about 50 members and an average walk turnout of about 15-20 people. We walk in all weathers and throughout the year ... Stride was formed in June 1994 by a group of like minded people, members of the local National Trust Volunteers, who felt there was a need for a walking club catering for the needs of the younger age ranges ... Since then we have increased our membership and age restrictions have disappeared. Anyone over 18 is welcome.'
'The Berkshire Loop is not really a separate long-distance path, it is an extension to the Chiltern Way. It was created in 2010 by the Chiltern Society, to mark the 10th anniversary of the opening of the Chiltern Way. I have recorded it here as a separate route, as it was created after both of my walks along the Chiltern Way ...'
Chiltern Way Berkshire Loop [GPS Cycle & Walking Routes]
'Wandering across some of England's most beautiful countryside the Kennet and Avon canal links England's Canals via the River Thames at Reading with the Bristol Channel. As the canal's name suggest it's partially a river navigation since it uses the River Kennet between Reading and Newbury and the River Avon between Bath and Bristol. The purely "canal" part of the waterway is 57 miles in length out of a total distance of 100.25 miles.'
Windsor Castle, Windsor & Maidenhead
'The route links Windsor and Winchester, via the third castle, Odiham.'
'The walk book (The Three Castles Path by David Bounds for the East Berkshire Ramblers’ Association Group) is excellent with very clear maps and very precise directions, as well as helpful comments on points of interest along the way - the hallmark of the East Berkshire Ramblers series of walk book books.'
'Restoring the historic path for the community and nature. Creating a long distance path from Bath to Oxford ... The Trust has produced a number of walks leaflets which you can download ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings