'At Action Medical Research, we offer some incredible events whatever your ambitions, sporting ability or location. You will receive excellent support before and during your event in the knowledge that you will be helping to stop suffering in children. Every event helps fund medical research to treat sick babies and tackle premature birth, to make life better for children with disabilities, and to target a group of rare diseases that together severely affect many forgotten children.'
'Memory Walks will be taking place across England, Wales and Northern Ireland to raise money for a world without dementia. We need thousands of people to walk with us – because arm in arm, step by step and pound by pound, we will get there.' Usually held September.
'Discover hikes and treks in the UK and abroad and sign up for the experience of a lifetime. Take on a charity challenge, get fit, soak up the stunning scenery and fundraise to join the fight for every heartbeat.'
Christian Aid Sponsored Walks 'Register for a sponsored walk and help fight poverty step by step. Our walks are not only a fantastic family day out, they also make a real difference to people living in poverty across the world.'
'Walking is a great way to exercise. It can be done at any pace and all of the family can take part. It's a fun, safe activity that helps you get in shape while raising money for Diabetes UK. Since diabetes can increase the risk of foot problems, we recommend the use of good-fitting walking shoes that are wide and deep, as well as wearing cotton socks. So why not join in, meet new people and have some fun? ...'
'Have you ever dreamt of doing something amazing for your favourite charity? Have you ever wanted to push yourself and give something back for a cause close to your heart? Or do you just want to undertake one of the most amazing physical challenges of your life? ... Welcome to Global Adventure Challenges ...'
Every step moves us closer to beating MS 'Whether you choose to walk in the UK or beyond, your efforts will make a real difference to people who live with MS every day. Whatever your preference or ability, we have the challenge for you!'
'From marathon to skydives, bake sales to gala dinners, we've got an event for you. By taking part in a fundraising event for the NSPCC, you'll be helping us to make sure that every child has a childhood they deserve.'
'Choose your location and walk for Parkinson's! We have a variety of UK walks you can take part in, from family friendly 2-mile walks to more challenging mountain treks, or why not organise a walk of your own?'
Bates Green Farm, Tye Hill Road, Arlington, Polegate, Eastbourne
'Since 1972 the Arlington Bluebell Walk and Farm Trail has developed into seven interesting walks over three working farms.' Latest Dates 2 April - 8 May 2016.
'The Macmillan Cross Cotswold Pathway is largely based on the Cotswold section of the Macmillan Way, but starting from Banbury and ending at Bath. We have also developed a route between Chipping Camden and Banbury known as The Cotswold Link. This enables walkers to do a Cotswold Round, going from Banbury to Bath on the Cross Cotswold Pathway, from Bath to Chipping Camden on the Cotswold Way and returning to Banbury on the Cotswold Link.'
St George's Square, Hebden Bridge, Calderdale
'The full walk takes in some of the most spectacular scenery in the South Pennines and, in walking terms is described as moderately difficult. It is approximately 21 miles long and includes the beautiful wooded valleys of Hardcastle Crags and the commanding heights of the moors above the Luddenden Valley ... The full walk is as near the Wadsworth Parish Boundary as existing footpaths permit ... The Calder Valley Search and Rescue Team (CVSRT) will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary in 2016 and to help mark this very important milestone our 2016 Boundary walk will be held in partnership with CVSRT.' Latest Date 12 June 2016.
Wellington, North Shropshire
Route 'devised to cover, as near as possible, all of the counties and areas served by Hope House Children’s Respite Hospice, a registered charity situated near Oswestry'.
The book The Hope House Way: a 335-mile Walk Around Shropshire, the Marches and Mid Wales for Hope House Children's Hospices by Mark Rowlands and published by the Rotary Club of Wrekin should be obtainable second-hand.
'The Llangollen Round is a new 33-mile circular route taking in all the summits around the picturesque Vale of Llangollen, written by local author Judy Smith ... The route of the Llangollen Round has been devised by Llangollen Branch of Cancer Research UK, and with the aid of local sponsors, has been presented in detail in a colourful 24-page booklet ... The Llangollen Round Sponsored Walk is now a Triennial Event: Latest Dates 30-31 May 2015.'
Llangollen Branch of Cancer Research UK
The Peak District National Park
'Join us for a magnificent day out in our most beautiful countryside, while supporting the charity which is dedicated to its protection.' Latest Date 21 May 2016.
Boulters Lock, Maidenhead, Windsor & Maidenhead
'Annual event allows walkers to raise money through sponsorship for their favourite charities whilst enjoying a very interesting walk through some beautiful parts of the Berkshire countryside re-tracing the old boundary of the ancient town of Maidenhead in the Royal County of Berkshire. Alternatively, participants can do the walk just for fun or to help raise money for the Rotary Club's own charitable work.'
Latest Date 4 October 2015.
Maidenhead Boundary Walk Waymarking [East Berkshire Ramblers]
Sparrowhawk, Fence, Pendle
'Annual charity walk around the stunning Pendle countryside - using its finest hostelries as way-points. The sponsored walk is a combination of countryside and road-walking which provides epic views of the Pendle area. The full route is around 12 miles, but can be as short as 6 miles ... Raising funds for Pendleside Hospice.' Usually held mid June.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings