'Explore Kent is a Kent County Council led partnership initiative with public, private and voluntary sector partners that promote and actively encourage Kent's residents to access, enjoy and benefit from the great natural resources that Kent has to offer. We also work alongside our friends at Visit Kent to promote Kent to the wider UK and European community as an outdoor leisure destination.'
Recreational Walks in Kent [Wikipedia]
'The Kent Downs are well served by an extensive network of Public Rights of Way and permissive access routes – offering a variety of walks for everyone. You’ll be amazed at what you’ll discover when you leave the roads behind ...'
'Short, local walks designed to help you to get active, get outdoors and meet new people. Led by friendly volunteers, Health Walks are especially good for people who are recovering from illness, or who just need a bit of extra motivation to take more exercise. Walks usually take from 45 minutes to an hour and a half, and leave from central locations such as your local library or leisure centre. There’s no need to book, just turn up and join in!'
'Kent Life brings together everything you love about your county in a monthly glossy celebrating the finer things in life. It is always relevant, informative and entertaining to our readers The magazine offers readers with a passion for their region a comprehensive diary of events and a guide to what's on, what to see and where to be seen.'
'Kent is the fourth largest of the Ramblers' sixty or so Areas. Within Kent Area we have thirteen Groups that organise varied walking and social programmes and support our work to safeguard the interests of walkers in Kent.'
'Kent is a place to just pick up your pack and go. Here day hikes and long distance trails deliver wide horizons, stunning scenery, rich history and an exhilarating sense of freedom ... For more than 70 walks, complete with information and downloadable guides, visit Explore Kent or check out their short walking film.'
Over seventy Walks around and about the County of Kent: 'Once you have paid your Subscription access to the walks is totally free. There are no restrictions on the numbers of walks you can download and print out during the year ... On Walkingworld you can find over 6500 routes, contributed by more than 450 walk authors.'
'The White Cliffs Countryside Partnership (WCCP) has done a lot to encourage walking and improve walking facilities in East Kent. You can explore the 17 nature and history trails, 57 country walks in 6 walks' packs, 8 town walks and 7 long distance walking trails, In addition, there are many countryside sites where you can walk freely.'
Crayford Ness, Bexley
'The beauty of the Darent Valley has inspired generations of artists and writers eager to capture the essence of this classic English countryside with its rolling hills, luxuriant meadows and picturesque riverside villages.'
'From the seaside bustle of the south coast, through to the historic city of Canterbury, the Elham Valley Way meanders through ancient woodlands, secret byways and charming, unspoilt villages'
Camber, Rother (Sussex)
'The 47 km (29 miles) stretch of the England Coast Path (ECP) from Camber to Folkestone is now open to the public. Coastal access rights came into force along this stretch of coast on 19 July 2016 by order of the Secretary of State.'
'Since 2012 I have explored over 140 miles of Kent & Sussex shoreline in day walks. My intention is to publish an ebook of my journey for everyone to enjoy ...' Sixty Walks in total.
'We're looking for enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers with the passion, knowledge and skills to help people enjoy the Garden of England. You may have experience in:  leisure and recreational activities including walking, horse riding, cycling, carriage driving and motor vehicle use of byways - - - :  farming or land management - - - :  nature conservation - - - :  history or archaeology - - - :  rural business - - - :  tourism - - - :  minority groups - - - :  access for disabled people'
Tonbridge, Tonbridge & Malling
'Ancient castles, historic villages and some of Kent's finest wildlife sites are to be discovered along the Medway Valley Walk, which runs from Tonbridge to Rochester.'
'Follows the route of the River Stour from its source at Lenham, in the heart of the Garden of England, to the historic city of Canterbury and down to the Straits of Dover near Pegwell Bay.'
Walk connecting two Timeballs, one in Deal, the other in Greenwich, which used to be synchronized via the Telegraph wires of the South Eastern Railway.
Long Distance and Other Named Walks 'Kent is blessed with many long-distance and other named walks. These are listed ... and we hope to provide more information about all of them in due course.'
Other Walks 'We have selected some of our favourite walks and provided detailed route descriptions along with maps and items of interest.'
'Follow the Wealdway through the heart of the Kent and Sussex countryside, from the Thames Estury at Gravesend to the popular pier at Eastbourne - a resort which grew in importance with the 18th century enthusiasm for seabathing.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings