'The main aim of the design for Arboretum was to take advantage of the landscape setting whilst providing an interlinking network of walkways and socialising areas. As a result over 1010 specimen trees and shrubs were planted along with winding paths and sweeping lawns ...'
Nottingham Arboretum [Nottingham City Council]
'Our membership is made up of people of all ages and different backgrounds who have a love of the open countryside, healthy exercise, "Getting away from it all" and sharing the companionship of like-minded people. Our present membership stands at around 170 members.'
'An active walking club with a long tradition dating back to its formation in 1923. The Club organises walking holidays, Sunday and mid-week rambles and social events. Current club membership is around 250.'
'Our programme covers a wide range of locations in both our local countryside and areas further afield such as the Peak District. All of the walks are led by Ramblers’ members to whom we are very grateful.'
'Nottingham's fine tradition of brewing fantastic real ales is well known, as is its love for architectural gems with history in every wall. Nottingham is fortunate enough to have some of its most well-known and best loved pubs located within some of its finest buildings, so why not discover the love affair between beer and architecture on the Nottingham Architecture Ale Trail. From Watson Fothergill to T. Cecil Howitt as well as 12th century inns and the network of caves beneath them, Nottingham is bursting with secrets just waiting to be discovered ...'
'The Forum will be consulted on two main topics:  Implementation and management of access to the open spaces within and peripheral to the city - - - :  Development of the public rights of way network within the city through the Rights of Way Improvement Plan'
'This data contains information for definitive Public Rights of Way: this being a digital representation of the information in the Definitive Map and Statement which is the Council's legal register of where the public have a right to walk or ride and in some cases use a motorised vehicle. You should always refer to Nottingham City Council's Definitive Map and Statement for exact information on the alignment and status of any Public Right of Way.'
Open Data Nottingham [Nottingham City Council]
'A Walk in the Park is a programme of free short walks in local parks and open spaces in the City. There are 11 self guided walks that are available to use that can be completed at your own pace and at a time that suits you.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings