Around and About, Amber Valley
'The Amber Valley area offers many opportunities for walkers, horse riders and cyclists of all abilities to get out and about. There's a wide variety of way-marked routes that include spectacular scenery, quaint villages and fascinating local history.'
Around and About, Amber Valley
'Group membership has grown from 38 in 1977, to around 190 at the present time. Walks are in all parts of Derbyshire and Staffordshire, and it will be noted from our programme that we also go away for long week ends twice a year to places such as Devon, the Lake District, Wales, and Northumbria. Members have also tackled the Three Peaks of Yorkshire and walked the Pennine Way in the past.'
Shipley Country Park, Amber Valley
'First time visitors to Shipley Park, entering the park through the sprawling Heanor Gate Industrial Estate, begin to doubt that an attractive country park lies ahead and think they have taken a wrong turn. Suddenly Shipley Park is entered, the noise of industry is silenced and an area of wooded parkland, hills, lakes, trails and an abundance of wildlife stretches out in front of you ...'
Around and About, Amber Valley
'Fancy getting fit? Enjoy walking and meeting new people? Join us for a Health Walk in Amber Valley! If you are new or returning to exercise, or are just wanting to get more active, these walks may be just what you're looking for ...'
Alfreton, Amber Valley
'Take a walk along this three hour audio trail and discover fascinating tales of young love and sibling rivalry and how the coal mining industry of the area made the Palmer-Morewood wealthy landowners ... The audio trail contains short excerpts taken from a series of interviews with local people who have knowledge and memories of places along the route.'
Belper, Amber Valley
'This walk allows a wider view of the influence and heritage created by the Strutt family in Belper. Starting and ending with close views of the cotton mills, much of the walk passes through farmlands previously owned by the family. These produced fresh meat, milk and vegetables for employees to purchase through the employer to help maintain their health.'
South Wingfield, Amber Valley
'To be honest, something about the names Crich and Heage doesn't seem too promising. To a walker it's names like Bowfell and Crinkle Crags that grab the attention and whet the appetite. Crich and Heage are two Derbyshire villages, but they are set in lovely countryside in the transition zone between the lowlands of the Midlands and the higher ground of the Peak District. Crich is famous as the rather unlikely location of the major Tramway Museum for the country ...'
Duffield, Amber Valley
'A new walking route, following the course of the River Ecclesbourne in Derbyshire. The walk starts in Duffield, a few miles North of Derby, and runs for 11 miles to Wirksworth.'
Whatstandwell, Amber Valley
'The route of about six miles starts from the A6 at Whatstandwell and goes via Holloway, Lea, Dethick, Lea Bridge to rejoin the A6 at Cromford ... It can be done solely in the car or very short excursions from the car on foot can be made.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings