This is the Group's 'new' Website. The former Website Included access to details of a dozen or so Self-guided Walks but at the time of Review [8 March 2016] I could no longer find these details.
'Roam the meandering paths around Kenwood through 112 acres of glorious parkland. Set on the crest of one of the most popular open spaces in the capital, Hampstead Heath. Explore the ancient woodland, fascinating dairy, and look out for the beautiful sculptures and sham bridge.'
'Join our free Weekly Health Walks and walk in a relaxed and friendly environment, while enjoying some beautiful green spaces. These walks are designed for those that are new to exercise and last between 1 and 2 hours.'
'Waterlow Park is a 26-acre (11 ha) park in the south east of Highgate Village, in North London. It was given to the public by Sir Sydney Waterlow, as "a garden for the gardenless" in 1889 ...Set on a hillside, the park is set amongst ponds and offers views across the City of London.'
'The walk begins at Chancery Lane underground station and ends at Tottenham Court Road underground station. The walk will take about three hours to complete, depending upon the time spent in gardens.'
'Wander through the Bloomsbury area of London, made famous by Virginia Woolf and Charles Dickens, and see tourist attractions such as the British Museum, the Lamb pub, Great Ormond Street Hospital and other places associated with famous British writers.'
'Camden would be a far less pleasant place to live without the presence of all of the trees in the streets, on the housing estates and in the parks. Many of these are spectacular sights to see, shrouding eyesores, reducing air and water pollution, and contributing to the atmosphere and tranquillity of the valuable green spaces which give balance to the hustle and bustle of the Capital. These self-guided tree walks have been created by Camden’s tree section to allow you to explore this exciting part of Camden in pursuit of trees.'
'It is an easy walk of about 4 miles (6 km), with an optional extension to include Highgate Village (an additional 2 miles (3km)). The route is mainly on surfaced or semi-surfaced paths, but the extension to Highgate includes some steep hills.''
Mike Biggs Inner London Ramblers
'For a minimal charge you can see the Heath afresh. Learn the songs of its birds, walk along its old Saxon ditches, admire trees that have grown there since Elizabeth I was a child, discover hidden gardens and secret arches, and learn to read the Heath in ways that will enrich every one of your visits.'
'Hampstead Heath is a wonderfully varied collection of natural habitats, historical features and beautiful views and landscapes. This leaflet provides three trails that will allow you to explore some of the Heath's very best places.'
Hampstead Heath [Wikipedia]
'This walk connects in St. Pancras International with Thameslink walk 5. It will also connect there with Metropolitan line walk 2, Northern line walk 5, Picadilly line walk 11 and Victoria Underground line walk 3. It will connect in Kentish Town with Northern Line walk 6. Finally, it connects in West Hampstead Thameslink with walk 2. It will also connect there to London Overground walks 3 and 4 and to Jubilee line walks 3 and 4.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings