'Brampton, located in north Cumbria lies in the shadow of Hadrian’s Wall and is at the centre of an historically rich and diverse landscape. The town itself, first granted a market charter in 1252, contains architectural treasures and many of its local sandstone buildings have a story to tell.'
'Leisurely walks, gentle fells, hills and mountains in the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, the Borders and Northumberland, there's something for everyone in our friendly club. New members always welcome, come and join us.'
'Set in the beautiful North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Geltsdale is home to black grouse, birds of prey and breeding wading birds and is ideal for walking ...'
RSPB Geltsdale Walking Trails [North Pennines AONB]
'The Tarn has a 1.3mile circular path that is ideal for a gentle stroll. This path is hard-surfaced and accessible to all. There are also three way marked trails of varying lengths: 1.5km, 2.5km, 3.5km, starting from the car park and leading into woods and fields.'
'This trail starts and finishes at Carlisle Castle. It takes you around the town to discover more about the people and places linked to Carlisle's history.'
'Download the Teachers' Resource Pack: Discover Carlisle Heritage Trail [PDF] to use with this trail.'
Historic England National Monuments Record - Heritage Explorer
'A network of paths lead you through this peaceful ancient woodland which is alive with birds. More than 200 species of flowering plant also grow here. You may spot the occasional roe deer. A pond provides a habitat for dragonflies, toads and newts.'
'Ambitious and exciting project, aiming to create a continuous, multi-use trail running along the coast from Carlisle to Chester, linking some of the North West’s greatest coastal landscapes, heritage and settlements ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Ordnance Survey GetOutsideCategory: Across the UK
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- >>> ALL Listings