Llandudno Junction Railway Station, Conwy
'There’s a network of pushchair-friendly trails with viewpoints and hides to make the most of your visit and plenty of information to explain what you're watching. Perhaps you’ll meet one of our friendly volunteer wildlife guides who can help you discover just a little bit more?'
Latest Dates 20-22 May 2016.
'Trefriw nestles into the heavily wooded eastern edge of Snowdonia. Once a thriving port and resort, the world passed it by as the river Conwy silted up. It is now the ideal place to stay, for visitors to Snowdonia, who wish to avoid the crowds and commercialism of the better known resorts and enjoy the simple pleasures of the glorious countryside around us while still having an excellent base for exploring this fascinating corner of Britain.
Near Pentrefoelas, Conwy
'This scenic new trail around the Alwen Reservoir follows the shoreline and takes you through forest plantations and up onto Mynydd Hiraethog with stunning landscape views from high on the moorland.'
'Footpath climbs through woodlands and fields before it reaches the small hamlet of Capel Garmon, which offers magnificent views of the Conwy Valley. It then passes the Neolithic burial chamber that dates back to the 3rd Millennium BC before making its way through fields and woodland as it rejoins the path you ascended at the start of the walk.' However details of this Walk, originally referenced on the Snowdonia National Park Website, were then archived and now seem no longer accessible via that Site. Conwy Valley Ramblers should have the latest information on the status of the Walk.
Around and About, Conwy
'Are you interested in joining guided walks? Cerdded Conwy Walks are a group of Volunteer walk leaders who put together seasonal walk programmes supported by Conwy County Borough Council ... '
Around and About, Conwy
'In true Welsh fashion you'll have a song in your heart as you set foot into the Conwy Valley to enjoy the walks detailed here. Sublime mountain views, forest paths, lakeside trails, neolithic settlements, tumbling waterfalls. each carefully detailed walk contains its own wealth of delights. Whether you're in the mood for a gentle 'after lunch' stroll or a challenging stroll to the summit of a distant ridge, you'll find a walk to suit, all of them easily accessible from Betws-y-Coed and the Conwy Valley.'
Great Orme, Llandudno, Conwy
'A long-distance walk of up to 102 miles, with a choice of routes, exploring both sides of the part wooded Conwy Valley, one the most beautiful areas of North Wales.'
Printed Guide available from Kittiwake Publications
'This route covers an extensive footpath network in the rural south-east of the County Borough (around Pentrefoelas and Cerrigydrudion), and extends into Denbighshire. There is a route-specific waymark logo to aid walkers. The leaflet pack consists of a set of ten maps together with some information about the area (including accommodation and services) ... The network consists of a linear 40 mile route, together with six shorter circular routes which can each be walked individually.'
Hiraethog Trail [Visit Hiraethog]
'Linear walk from Penmaenmawr on the coast, through the mountains to Rowen, a small village in the Conwy Valley, with spectacular views of the Conwy Valley, the Great Orme and across the coast and Liverpool Bay.'
'The Town Trail has been established in recent years by the local authority which has placed large informative boards at fifteen locations in Llandudno town each with a distinctive circular map ... and detailed information on nearby places of interest and a recommended walking route between these 15 trail markers to encompass the whole town.'
Note 'This website was originally developed and edited by the late Noel Whalley ... Last updated, April 2009'
Llandudno Town Trail [Visit Llandudno]
'The Mynydd Hiraethog network consists of a linear 40 mile route, together with six shorter circular routes which can each be walked individually.'
'A leaflet pack consisting of a set of ten maps together with some information about the area (including accommodation and services) is available for purchase from Conwy Council.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings