'Founded in 1993 and is owned and operated by husband and wife team Andrew and Elizabeth Guppy. The company remains the leading walking and hiking specialist in the Cotswolds. Their knowledge of the area and its footpaths, tracks and byways is unrivalled - and much imitated.'
'Walking in the Cotswolds provides a wealth of choices with gentle strolls, hilly hikes and a variety of circular walks including many level, stile-free walks for wheelchairs and easy access.'
Oxfordshire Cotswolds Walks [West Oxfordshire District Council]
'Within the 17 miles of accessible paths and five national collections, children become young adventurers, adults connect with trees through guided walks, workshops, self-led trails or volunteering.'
'There are a number of good walks in and around the area. Chipping Campden is an ideal starting or finishing point for your walk ... If you are attempting all 100 miles of the famous Cotswold Way to Bath then you will be aware that the War Memorial is the official Chipping Campden start/finish point of the Cotswold Way.'
'Walks on Wheels is a series of fifteen short routes throughout the Cotswolds AONB that can be explored by users of wheelchairs, power scooters and children's buggies.'
'As part of 2012's Diamond Jubilee celebrations, our Voluntary Wardens have created a brand new series of "miles without stiles" walking routes throughout the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to help you easily explore and enjoy our countryside and landscape. Each walk is around 2.5 to 5 miles in length and takes you on a circular journey through some of our most wonderful places ... '
'Base yourself in one of our colourful market towns or pretty villages for a weekend or mid-week break with walks. These downloadable itinerary ideas are full of inspiration for places to stay, things to do and a selection of wonderful walks, whether you want a gentle stroll or a longer hike ... The routes are available to buy from the Tourist Information Centre in the town/village or available to download free of charge online.'
'Walk linking the pubs of the Donnington Brewery in a circular path through rural Gloucestershire. Most Donnington houses offer bed and breakfast facilities, enabling you to walk distances of your choice. The Donnington Way is a true Cotswold delight for the rambler who thrives on well-kept countryside, hidden villages and good beer.'
The Donnington Way: a History of Donnington Brewery and Walk Between the Donnington Inns (Walkabout Series) by Colin Handy (Reardon Publishing, 2012). Amazon offer a Kindle Edtion of this Guide.
'A roughly diamond shaped walk visiting many small villages using quiet footpaths. Imaginative and scenic route through rural Gloucestershire, created by the Ramblers' North Cotswold Group to celebrate its 60th Jubilee in 1995.'
North Cotswold Diamond Way by Elizabeth Bell (North Cotswold Ramblers Group, 2011)
'Winds through Oxfordshire from Bourton-on-the-Water in Gloucestershire to the banks of the River Thames in Henley.'
'Walk around the Oxfordshire country boundary. The route criss-crosses the boundary taking the walker into seven shires from Gloucestershire to Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Wiltshire.'
The Seven Shires Way Elaine Stearne (Reardon Publishing, 2002)
'Leads you to Stow's hidden gems and provides an insight into the history of buildings and the St. Edwards church. The trail is approximately 1 kilometer and on level ground with the exception of the entry into the churchyard. The Stow on the Wold Town Trail guide is available at GO-STOW and costs 50p only.'
'Follow the greatest river in England for 184 miles (294 km) from its source in the Cotswolds almost to the sea. Passing through peaceful water meadows, unspoilt rural villages, historic towns and cities, and finally cutting through the heart of London to finish at the Thames Barrier in Greenwich.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings