'Canons Ashby is a hidden treasure in the heart of rural Northamptonshire; the Rose of the Shires. Built near the site of a 13th-century priory, the Elizabethan manor house is set in a tranquil ancient landscape ... '
'There are circular, way marked and hard-surfaced trails through woodlands, meadows and close to the reservoir with wheelchair accessible bird hides to stop and view the wildlife. With its large reservoir where you can feed the ducks, adventure playground, numerous picnic spots, nature trail and a wealth of wildlife, Daventry Country Park is a great family day out.'
Details of about a dozen short walks around and about Daventry.
Beautiful England Walks and Photos
'The BBC ceased their broadcasting from Daventry in 1992, and demolished the two 500ft aerial masts that had sat on top of Borough Hill. Borough Hill itself is now owned by Daventry District Council and is a very pleasant country park. Visitors can walk around the site, which has a long history prior to the BBC’s arrival ...'
Borough Hill [Daventry District Council]
'Cold Ashby is a small rural community in the Northamptonshire Uplands. It is not within the boundaries of a National Park, nor is it an accepted tourist area like its neighbours in the Cotswolds. It is situated in an area of beautiful undulating farmland which, for me, encapsulates the appeal of the English countryside. There are some delightful walks in close proximity which, as former Parish Path Warden, I would like to share with you as a visitor to this site ...'
'The Leicester Line of the Grand Union Canal runs from Norton Junction on the main line of the Grand Union Canal to the River Soar Navigation at West Bridge in Leicester. The Canal is 41.2 (66.5 km) miles long and has 41 locks. There are arms to: Welford (1.6 miles - 2.6 km - 1 lock - joins at Welford Junction) and Market Harborough (5.5 miles - 7.7 km - no locks - joins at Foxton Junction).'
Leicester Line Canal Walk [LDWA]
'Long distance recreational route which follows the River Nene for some 70 miles through Northamptonshire.'
'Beginning at the source of the Avon in Naseby, Northamptonshire, this 88 mile fully waymarked path follows as near as possible the course of the river.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Ordnance Survey GetOutsideCategory: Across the UK
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- >>> ALL Listings