'We are a friendly outdoor group based in West London. Our main outdoor activity is walking although we do occassionally do other activities such as cycling and pony-trekking.'
'A co-operative of older people sharing educational, creative and leisure activities. The motives for joining are a desire to improve and share your knowledge and experience, to keep your mind active, to enjoy leisure pursuits and to socialize with like-minded people. No qualifications are needed and none is given. You share learning and leisure experiences across a wide range of activities through a network of self-managed groups.'
'From July 2011 SCA [Southall Community Alliance] will be arranging a borough wide Health Walks programme. Previously the walks programme had been delivered by Ealing Primary Care Trust but SCA successfully applied to run the programme and we are keenly looking forward to arranging the walks around Ealing.'
'Hanger Lane to Brentford ... The Brent River Park Walk is now not only sharing its route with the Capital Ring but also the Grand Union Canal walk ... While the Walk is way marked there were one or two areas, particularly by the exit from Pitshanger Park which could have done with a few more way marks to make navigation a bit more straight forward ...'
'The green spaces of West London, including The Grand Union Canal, Boston Manor, Syon House, The Thames towpath, Kew Gardens, and Gunnersbury Park.'
Download from the Website PDFs of Historic Walk Guides of Ealing, Northolt, Greenford and Southall including maps.
'John Wells is a local naturalist and friend of Ealing Transition. He leads regular walks around the borough to help people gain a deeper appreciation of nature.'
Walking notes around the centre of Ealing, originally published in 1970, updated to 1986, with some more recent footnotes.
'Who first coined the term Queen of the Suburbs is not known, but the name sticks to the present day. The Mount Park Road area still retains much of its original character and is still dominated by grand family homes. For the most part, it has resisted the conversion into dormitory bed-sitters, an effect which has over taken so many of the other London suburbs.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Ordnance Survey GetOutsideCategory: Across the UK
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- >>> ALL Listings