Cliffe Pools, Gravesham
'Offers a remote landscape with open horizons and skies - ideal for long summer walks and attracting spectacular numbers of wintering waders. A number of trails at varied lengths afford great views over the pools, the wildlife, and the River Thames running alongside.'
Cobham Wood and Mausoleum, Gravesham
'The managed wood pasture at Cobham is historically significant as it is considered by many to be the closest type of landscape in lowland Britain to that which existed in prehistoric times. Set within the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) the site is also classified as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) due to the rarity of the wood pasture habitat.'
Around and About, Gravesham
'Nestling between the River Thames, its estuary wetlands of international importance, and the North Downs, the countryside to the east and south of Gravesend is an exceptional Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, containing Ancient Woodland and Country Parks, and historic villages of windmills, country houses and cricket on the green ...'
'A very active organisation. There is a regular walks programme both within the parish of Meopham and further afield. Walks are held on Sundays and mid week throughout the year, with evening walks during the summer months ... The Group has now been in existence for 50 years and has over 250 members. It was formed out of adversity in 1962 when our Founder and President Mrs. Pat Wilson found a footpath, close to her home at Harvel, was closed by a major obstruction ...'
Shorne Wood, Gravesham
'One of the most popular country parks in Kent, Shorne Woods Country Park offers everything you need to spend a day enjoying the great outdoors.'
Gravesend Ferry Terminal, Gravesham
'A 350 km orbital walking trail around London. The route never actually enters Greater London but runs through the countryside of neighbouring counties. The surroundings are hugely varied, ranging from dead flat fens to rugged chalk hills, rich in cultural and heritage interest and an outstanding showcase for London's protected green belt. The trail is easily walked as a series of day walks from London using public transport.'
Des de Moor London Underfoot
'Imagine stepping back in time and discovering the coastline of the Garden of England as it stood more than 1,600 years ago. The Saxon Shore Way long distance walking route is named after the line of historic fortifications that defended the Kent coast at the end of the Roman era.'
'Follow the Wealdway through the heart of the Kent and Sussex countryside, from the Thames Estury at Gravesend to the popular pier at Eastbourne - a resort which grew in importance with the 18th century enthusiasm for seabathing.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings