Download from the Website PDFs of walks around and about Boxley: 'You can leave your comments and feedback about each of the walks using the feedback form provided.'
Note also: Vinters Valley Nature Reserve 'is your local wildlife oasis tucked away between the Vinters Park and Grove Green housing estates and also close to Vinters Community School ... You are welcome to visit on any day of the year and spend some time exploring the reserve on one of the many pathways provided, or just to sit and breathe in the quiet atmosphere on one of the seats dotted around the reserve'.
And: Waterslade Woodlands 'There are numerous paths, and you can spend hours peacefully walking along them, imagining that you are deep in rural Kent rather than just a few hundred metres from a motorway.'
Holy Tricks at Boxley [AA Walks and Bike Rides]
'This large and engaging site offers a mix of ancient woodland, new tree planting and open grassland; together with a wealth of archaeological gems, wonderful walks, interesting wildlife and breath-taking views - set in the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.'
Around and About, Maidstone
'We are friendly group of people who enjoy participating in a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities. Members are from all walks of life and are encouraged to share their interests and skills with the rest of the group. We have been going for nearly 25 years and are affiliated to the YHA.'
Access to PDFs of five walks produced by the Black Horse Inn - albeit some time ago ... The Inn is 'a family run business, tucked beneath the steep face of the North Downs on the Pilgrims Way at Thurnham near Maidstone in Kent'.
'Fine views from the heights of the North Downs are a hallmark of this route in the heart of Kent ... The steep climb up the slopes of the North Downs is rewarded by the opportunity for a few minutes rest at one of the county's most famous public houses - The Ringlestone Inn.'
Hollingbourne Railway Station, Maidstone
'A bracing tramp along the wooded escarpment of the North Downs above Maidstone, with sweeping views across the Kentish Weald; with a medieval castle and two megalithic burial sites thrown in ... Much of this route follows the North Downs Way national trail.'
St Nicholas' Church, Linton, Maidstone
'The Thirteenth Annual Linton Parish Boundary Walk will take place on Rogation Sunday, 1st May 2016. Why not come along? See the fantastic views, talk to friends and neighbours, and enjoy a pleasant, not-too-challenging walk ...'
'Follows the route of the River Stour from its source at Lenham, in the heart of the Garden of England, to the historic city of Canterbury and down to the Straits of Dover near Pegwell Bay.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings