Includes information on walks around Bromyard, local walks, local walking groups, public transport, and pubs and cafes.
'Mortimer Country is a walker's paradise whatever your age or ability. Whether you are looking for a strenuous all day hike or a relaxed evening stroll, the excellent and extensive network of way -marked paths will have a walk to suit you.'
'Leominster has a wide choice of walks, suitable for all abilities, direct from the town centre. The town is the biggest market town in Herefordshire. In the past its fortune was based on Leominster "ore", the fleece of the Ryland sheep. Now industry is very varied. We also have an accessible trail for those who may have difficulty. Route cards are available at the Tourist Information Centre. Walking guide books and maps are also available from the TIC in the Corn Square ...'
'The Hay Ho! Bus offers lots of opportunities for a great day out, whether that’s walking in the Golden Valley or the Black Mountains, or spending a day shopping in Hereford! ... This is quite a short (4 mile) linear walk, but very little of it is on flat ground until the final stretch on the road, and there are several quite noticeable climbs.'
Bringsty Common 'is a wonderful location for some fantastic walks and the pub can be a great starting place ... Remember you can walk anywhere across Bringsty Common, except in people's gardens, so there's no need to keep to any path, if you want to be a free spirit. It's a wonderful place for walking of all kinds – long, short or very short!'
'Use our local bus services and the new "Castle Connect" Service (runs through the summer) to plan a walk through the beautiful north Herefordshire Countryside. Here are three pdfs with walking routes that are linked by bus services from Ludlow, Leominster, Kingsland, Shobdon and Leintwardine ...' However: 'Unfortunately, Castle Connect, which ran between Ludlow, Knighton, Clun and Bishop’s Castle will not be running in 2016. This route was set up three years ago as part of Shropshire’s Sustainable Transport Project ...'
Six walks around and about the local bus Route 41, operated by Sargeants: 1 - Walton to Kington; 2 - Titley to Kington; 3 - Presteigne to Kington; 4 - Norton to Knighton; 5 - Knucklas to Knighton; 6 - Five Turnings to Knighton. Note that these specific Walks no longer seem to be promoted on the (re-engineered) 'Shropshire Walking' Website - but you might be able to download details from the Offa's Dyke Path National Trail or Car Free Walks Websites.
'It is hard to believe, but as you walk through Wigmore you are walking through what was once a major town and centre of power. In the 10th century it was the major civic centre for the region and sometime home of King Edward ... '
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings