Knebworth House, North Hertfordshire
'The Gardens at Knebworth are delightful throughout the season. The 28 acre formal gardens include a maze, colourful borders, fine trees and a wilderness area with an exciting Dinosaur Trail ...'
Towers and Battlements Around Knebworth [AA Walks & Bike Rides]
Around and About, North Hertfordshire
Details of Parks and Open Spaces and links to Walks and Cycle Routes around and about North Hertfordshire.
Around and About, North Hertfordshire
North Herts Ramblers won the Ramblers' Best Led Walks Programme Award for the UK in 2013. 'The successful Walks Programme has been evolving over a number of years. The traditional Sunday long walk of 10 to 15 miles continues as the central feature and can attract ten to thirty people. The majority of the walks are in the North Hertfordshire countryside but can extend out into The Chilterns ... '
Royston, North Hertfordshire
'Circular route along public rights-of-way within the County of Hertfordshire ... The route has been chosen to pass through a variety of Hertfordshire scenery, mostly in open countryside but also passing through some of our more interesting and attractive villages. Hertford and St Albans, as the County Town and main historic centre respectively, are the only large towns on the route.'
Hitchin, North Hertfordshire
'The HOOP follows public rights of way,countryside paths and some pavements to form a 12 mile (19.3km) route around Hitchin town centre and surrounding countryside.'
Ivel Springs, Baldock, North Hertfordshire
'This is a delightful walk along the River Ivel from Baldock to Roxton. You start off at the source of the river at Ivel springs, Baldock, and follow the river north through Stotfold, Henlow, Langford, Biggleswade, Sandy and Blunham.'
Letchworth Garden City, North Hertfordshire
'The Greenway is a circular route that surrounds the Garden City estate allowing you to discover the countryside without ever straying far from the town; it truly is "where town and country meet" ... If you are looking for a smaller trail in Letchworth Garden City, look no further. Here you can find a series of circular walks, all linking to the Greenway. All starting points can be identified on the Greenway Map.'
Lilley, North Hertfordshire
'The North Chiltern Trail is designed to encourage people to explore this lovely area on foot and is being created by combining the original and extended routes of The Chiltern Way footpath in the North Chilterns. This will provide a 67km/42 mile circular walking route through some of the most delightful Chiltern countryside of Bedfordshire and north Hertfordshire, including parts of the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.'
The Rusty Gun, London Road, St Ippolyts, North Hertfordshire
'Stagenhoe is a Grade II listed stately home and surrounding gardens located in the village of St Paul's Walden in Hertfordshire. It is approximately 5 miles (8 km) south of Hitchin. It is one of two large manors with fine grounds in the village, the other being the historic home of the Bowes-Lyon family St Paul's Walden Bury.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings