Hawkstone Park Shropshire, North Shropshire
'After years of neglect the magical landscape was lovingly restored and reopened in 1993. Parts of the park and the main walking routes contain several flights of steps, some natural ones carved into rock and some man made wooden ones – these can be slippery when wet.'
Hawkstone Park [GPS Cycle & Walking Routes]
Wellington, North Shropshire
'This page has been prepared by Wellington Walkers are Welcome Management Committee. This is an ad hoc group of interested local walkers. We are not a party political organisation; we have supporters of a range of political parties, and none, on our management committee who work effectively together. The inspiration for the group came from a combination of Wellington LA21 Group and Wellington Town Council without whose help this would not have been possible.'
Whitchurch, North Shropshire
'Formed in 1976 by a group of local people interested in walking and the protection of local footpaths ... The Whitchurch Walkers have produced a walks booklet which contains details of 5 walks starting at the Whitchurch Heritage Centre of varying lengths from 2 to 8 miles. This can be purchased from the Heritage Centre for £1.50.'
Ellesmere, North Shropshire
'The Trail provides visitors with a free and gentle tour of Ellesmere (mostly accessible by wheelchair and pushchair) taking in the uniquely attractive settings of the mere, the historic castle fields and canal.'
Wellington, North Shropshire
Route 'devised to cover, as near as possible, all of the counties and areas served by Hope House Children’s Respite Hospice, a registered charity situated near Oswestry'.
The book The Hope House Way: a 335-mile Walk Around Shropshire, the Marches and Mid Wales for Hope House Children's Hospices by Mark Rowlands and published by the Rotary Club of Wrekin should be obtainable second-hand.
Grindley Brook, North Shropshire
'Uses public footpaths, bridleways, quiet lanes and canal towpath to pass from Grindley Brook through unspoiled undulating countryside to Bronygarth in the shadow of Chirk Castle.'
Frankton Junction, North Shropshire
'Walking or cycling along the towpath is an excellent way to experience the peace and tranquility of this rural canal. This is also a popular canal for canoeing – paddling quietly through peaceful green surroundings is a great way to spot wildlife.'
Oswestry, North Shropshire
Bridges, North Shropshire
'If you wanted to know about the best walks in Shropshire who would you ask? We asked the real experts The local walkers. The individuals and groups, historians, lovers of flora and fauna, the volunteers who look after the stiles, bridges and paths: all have contributed. The result is the Shropshire Way. Not only the finest route around the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, but also the best possible set of day walks ...
Grindley Brook, North Shropshire
Newport, North Shropshire
'Spans the width of the County for 65 kilometres from Newport in the west to Burton upon Trent in the east. Unlike the Staffordshire Way, the Way for the Millennium, which follows a disused railway line and canal towpaths for much of its length, has no steep gradients and is suitable for people of any age.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings