'Why not take a trip out into the countryside surrounding Norwich? The Norwich Fringe Project has produced a series of cycle and walks leaflets, which will allow you to explore and discover the countryside on your doorstep in and around the Norwich Fringe.'
'Norwich Pub Tours are the best way to experience our fine city’s fascinating history. Our passionate tour guides will take you on a gentle amble around some of Norwich's most famous establishments, walking you through the weird, wonderful and often gruesome stories for which they, and Norwich as a whole, provide an intriguing backdrop. The best bit? Unlike other guided tours, we’ll actually go into the pubs and have a drink (or two) in each.'
'We have created Norwich Trails - a series of historic walking trail booklets covering various geographic areas and themes relating to the city's past, to help you explore Norwich's outstanding heritage by foot. The pocketable booklets are beautifully illustrated guides which cover the historic highlights of these areas and some of their hidden gems, including historic images and a map of the trail.'
Norwich Sculpture Trails [Recording Archive for Public Sculpture in Norfolk & Suffolk]
'We have created 5 maps showing short, enjoyable walks around Norwich. The idea of the maps is to show local people where they can go for a walk. The walks will take you to interesting sights as well as local green spaces and attractive buildings. You can download copies of the maps here and pick up printed versions all over the City.'
Unfortunately, the Website from which this description was taken no longer seems to be active ...
'Norwich is full of serious works of sculpture from across all periods of time and across all disciplines ... The number of works in Norwich, with over 200 entries, can be daunting. The downloadable trails ... illustrate the region’s outstanding sculpture, including many little known works, which can be enjoyed at home or combined with the linked Google maps to provide interesting day or half-day excursions:  City Hall and City Centre - - - :  Around the Cathedral and the Castle.'
'The path runs between Eaton and Attleborough and links with both Kett's Country Walk and the Yare Valley Walk. The walk passes through a landscape shaped by the Enclosure Acts, and where public access is now generally restricted to roads and public rights of way. Notable exceptions are New Buckenham and Old Buckenham Commons, where free access may be enjoyed.'
Tas Valley Way [GPS Cycle & Walking Routes]
'This is an exciting walking-inspired programme which sprung into action in May 2014. It aims to encourage people to make local journeys on foot and help make Norwich's streets safe, enjoyable and attractive places to be. This fantastic new city-council led project, and a Healthy Norwich initiative, encompasses several different elements, specifically tailored for people who both live and work in Norwich.'
'The Wherryman’s Way is in the Broads – Britain’s largest protected wetland. This 35-mile recreational route follows the course of the River Yare between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and takes its name from the wherry – a large cargo-carrying barge whose elegant black sails were a once common sight on these waters.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings