'The Reserve has a network of around 8 miles of footpaths marked by colour – banded posts ... The Woodland and Fisherman’s Path are also accessible by bike, pushchairs and wheelchairs. '
Formby [National Trust]
'Freshfield Ramblers is a walking group for adults of all ages. A modest minimum level of physical ability is required: you should be able to walk 8 miles or so at a reasonable pace, over occasionally rough terrain carrying a day pack, sometimes in adverse weather conditions.'
'Maghull Rambling Club, formed in 1976, is a friendly, informal organisation which aims to provide country walks for people who either wish to start a new pastime, or who are already experienced in hill and mountain walking.'
'An area of open space and tranquillity close to the popular towns of Crosby, Formby, Ainsdale and Southport, England's Classic Resort ... Walking and Cycling are great ways to get closer to the fantastic array of flora and fauna found on Sefton's Natural Coast. The suggested trails ... are designed to help visitors discover the interesting places on offer by foot and/or bike.'
'Sefton and West Lancashire have many routes ideal for walking ... Many of these routes feature in the extremely popular Walking and Cycling Guide to Sefton's Natural Coast. However the routes are now available to download as individual maps ... designed to enable you to discover the area's fascinating history and wonderful flora and fauna.'
Sefton's Coast [Visit Southport]
'Sefton Active Walks is a Walking for Health programme, that provides a programme of walks across Sefton. The Walks are free to join and no booking is required, just turn up at the walk of your choice, meet our experienced walk leaders and enjoy the walk and the company. If you enjoy walking, but you don't want to walk alone, there are several walks available up and down the borough for you to come along to!'
'A stimulating journey through a wonderful variety of landscapes with a rich biodiversity of wildlife and a fascinating history.'
'An exciting route for walkers, cyclists and horse riders linking the North and Irish seas, passing through the Pennines, alongside rivers and canals and through some of the most historic towns and cities in the North of England.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Ordnance Survey GetOutsideCategory: Across the UK
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- >>> ALL Listings