Aston Cantlow, Stratford-on-Avon
'Aston Cantlow Parish is a beautiful place to walk in the countryside and it is excellent exercise to help to keep you fit & healthy ... You can download lots of local walks from Aston Cantlow in PDF format that were produced in conjunction with the Aston Cantlow Parish Path Volunteers.'
'Sets the town into its surrounding environment with the gently flowing River Arrow and villages of Exhall, Wixford and Oversley Green.' Note that the Download Trail document (foot of left-hand column) could not be downloaded.
Walking in and around Alcester 'Alcester has much to offer ramblers and walkers. There are great opportunities to explore the town, countryside and surrounding villages.' Unfortunately the four Walks formerly referenced here no longer seem accessible via the Alcester Website.
The Blue Lias Inn, Stockton, Stratford-on-Avon
'Walk around Stockton Locks. The route follows the canal towpath and crosses nearby fields. There are a number of sights to be seen on the way, including the Locks, Napton Hill (from where seven counties can be seen on a clear day), the 12th-century St Michael's Church and the beautiful Stockton Reservoir.'
Note from the Canal & River Trust: 'We’ve previously hosted the details of a number of different walking and cycling routes. However, when we looked at them closely we weren’t convinced that all of our routes were completely accurate. We don’t want you to get lost trying to follow one of our routes and so we have removed them for now. We would like to add them back onto our website for everyone to enjoy. If you think you could spare the time to go and check one of our old routes, make sure the distance is correct and fill us in on the best parking spots and transport links then please email us ... In the meantime you can find some great canal and river walking routes at iFootpath ...'
'Here are a set of nine walk leaflets describing circular walks of between eight and twenty kilometres (five and thirteen miles) around Southam, Stockton, Long Itchington, Leamington Hastings, Birdingbury, Ladbroke, Napton, Bishop's Itchington, Harbury and Ufton.'
'The Way's 65 miles run through the unspoilt countryside along the western side of Oxfordshire ... The idea behind the Way was to form a link between the Oxford Canal towpath, the Oxfordshire Way, the Thames Path and the Ridgeway.'
There is a Guidebook - The D'Arcy Dalton Way across the Oxfordshire Cotswolds and the Thames Valley by Nick Moon - but you might have difficulty locating a copy.
'Circular walk linking eight villages around Southam. The guide was produced in memory of Harry Green who was the Chairman of the Southam Ramblers for 20 years and who devised the walk in 1988.' Unfortunately the Route Guide referenced here no longer seems accessible online via the Southam Website.
Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, Stratford-on-Avon
'Links some of Britain's best-loved tourist destinations - London, the Chilterns, Oxford, Blenheim Palace, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon.'
The Shakespeare's Way Association
Around and About 'Banburyshire', Stratford-on-Avon
PDFs of '18 walks along a section of the boundary of south-east Warwickshire, where it meets Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire. The 18 walks from Dick Leith's book, "A Border Walk in South-east Warwickshire" ... offer the opportunity to experience the local countryside through the eyes of an expert in the history of place and field names'. The Website cited has been set up at the request of Dick Leith's family, in his memory.
A Border Walk in South-east Warwickshire by Dick Leith (Leamington Spa: privately published by the author, 2005. xi, 181pp. Illus. [18 walks accompanied by historical notes]) Warwickshire Bibliography 1997-2012
Long Marston, Stratford-on-Avon
'Follows the course of part of the Honeybourne Line, a single track railway built in 1859 by the Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton Railway and closed in 1976. Now a trail for walkers and cyclists, the route links the attractive town of Stratford-upon-Avon with the village of Long Marston.'
Stratford Greenway [Sustrans]
Jester, Henley Street, Stratford-on-Avon
'The ancient market town of Stratford-upon-Avon is synonmous with William Shakespeare. There are many more historic facts and figures and just by walking through the town you can discover so much more ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings