Abbots Langley, Three Rivers
Local Footpath Walks 'Eight walks around the Parish. Of varying lengths, the walks take in many of the local points of interest. Easy maps and directions, along with historical background make this an ideal guide for newcomers to the area, or for those that want to know more about the local area and its history.'
Croxley Green, Three Rivers
'Croxley Green has eighteen designated public footpaths and a number of others which have yet to be formalised. The footpaths vary markedly in nature from short "cut through" urban footpaths between local roads to ambling rural footpaths.'
Croxley Green Boundary Walk [Croxley Green Residents Association]
Rickmansworth, Three Rivers
'Starts at Rickmansworth and follows the River Colne southwards ending at Colnbrook. There is a link path to Langley from Cowley Lock. Plans are in hand to extend the Colne Valley Trail further south. Originally listed as two separate routes and now combined to form a 14 mile route from Rickmansworth to Colnbrook.' Two free leaflets cover the route and are available from the Colne Valley Regional Park Visitor Centre.
Rickmansworth, Three Rivers
'Watford disused railway walk: Ebury Way and the Croxley Green branch (and Cassiobury Park)'
Note: The description originally cited here seems to have disappeared from the Three Rivers District Council Website. So I have replaced the Link with one to a more reflective version from Karen.
Leavesden, Three Rivers
'The Grand Union Canal wends its way from London to Birmingham through city, town and country. Improvements to the towpath between Watford and Rickmansworth provide a good, flat surface for walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users.'
Oxhey Woods, Three Rivers
'Oxhey Woods Local Nature Reserve in South Oxhey, Watford, consists of approximately 100 hectares of principally, ancient semi-natural woodland, much of which has been wooded since the last ice age some 10,000 years ago. The woods contain a number of walking routes ranging in difficulty, but the highlight is a one kilometre easy access trail ...'
Sarratt, Three Rivers
'We are indebted to the Sarratt WI for allowing ... walks to be featured each month from their delightful booklet containing 12 walks around Sarratt entitled "New Walks on Old Paths". The booklet is on sale at the Village Post Office for just £3.00.'
Whippendale Wood, Three Rivers
'Whippendell Wood is situated on the outskirts of Watford, and, although owned and managed by Watford Borough Council, it is geographically in the local authority of Three Rivers.' This Site is now fee-based.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings