'The Royal Borough manages around 1,977,911 sq m/ 198 hectares of parks and open spaces. The Parks team achieved Purple Flag status for eight of their parks in 2013 - Braywick, Desborough, Grenfell, Kidwells and Oaken Grove in Maidenhead and Alexandra Gardens, Goswells, Clewer Memorial Recreation Ground and Home Park in Windsor. Within these parks, open spaces and play areas, there are opportunities for sports activities, informal play, a brisk walk or a gentle stroll in pleasant surroundings ...'
'An interesting walk on good paths following the route of the royal procession from Ascot through Windsor Great Park and offering a "surprise" view of Windsor Castle.'
One of 15 Car-Free Walks Around Reading.
Supporters of Oxfam
'A walk from the River Thames near Cookham to the Grand Union Canal at West Drayton.'
'Annual event allows walkers to raise money through sponsorship for their favourite charities whilst enjoying a very interesting walk through some beautiful parts of the Berkshire countryside re-tracing the old boundary of the ancient town of Maidenhead in the Royal County of Berkshire. Alternatively, participants can do the walk just for fun or to help raise money for the Rotary Club's own charitable work.' Held Early October.
Maidenhead Boundary Walk Waymarking [East Berkshire Ramblers]
'A spectacular stretch of the Thames Path to Bourne End, returning by train.'
'Spectacular in late spring and early summer when the flowers are in bloom.' Unfortunately, at the time of Review, the original Link used here could not be found. So I have replaced it with a more generic Link.
'A long distance walk winding around The Thames Valley and surrounding hills in some of the loveliest countryside near London in South East England.'
'The route links Windsor and Winchester, via the third castle, Odiham.'
'The walk book (The Three Castles Path by David Bounds for the East Berkshire Ramblers’ Association Group) is excellent with very clear maps and very precise directions, as well as helpful comments on points of interest along the way - the hallmark of the East Berkshire Ramblers series of walk book books.'
'Explore Windsor at your own pace by downloading our Heritage Trail. It takes in the historic parts of Windsor, around the walls of Windsor Castle, down towards and over the River Thames and into Eton. A printed version is also available from the Royal Windsor Information Centre for a small administration fee.'
'Loop around Windsor Great Park, once part of the royal hunting ground and now providing miles and miles of peaceful walking in amongst the hustle and bustle of East Berkshire.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Ordnance Survey GetOutsideCategory: Across the UK
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- >>> ALL Listings