'Sometimes still known as the Younger Botanic Garden, Benmore Botanic Garden covers an area of some 120 acres or 48 hectares. Set within a bowl of steeply rising mountains, Benmore enjoys a spectacular setting. Starting from the car park and visitor centre in the valley of the River Eachaig, the garden climbs the lower slopes of A'Chruach or Benmore Hill to a high point at a spectacular viewpoint 450ft above sea level ... '
Benmore Botanic Garden [RBGE]
'All ages and abilities are catered for and the walks cover interest areas of wildlife, bird watching, drama, photography, art, history, heritage, folklore, tai chi, great gardens, great houses and some great hill walks including the opportunity to complete over 6 days the long distance trail "The Cowal Way".' Usually held Mid October.
'The village of Kinlochleven is surrounded by stunning mountains and scenery. The West Highland Way passes through Kinlochleven from the renowned Devil's Staircase from Glencoe and the village is a popular stop off point for walkers and brings a steady stream of visitors looking for accommodation before setting off the following morning to Fort William. The walks in Kinlochleven have a character of their own ...'
Glencoe and Kinlochleven [Walkhighlands]
'There are endless walks over beaches and moorland, through woodland or along the cliffs. And a myriad of birds and wildflowers to spot along the way.'
'Known as Argyll’s Secret Coast, the Cowal Peninsula is an easily accessible yet little known area. Only an hour or two from the central belt, Cowal offers a gateway to the beautiful coastlines, dramatic scenery and diverse wildlife of the Scottish Highlands.'
'Follow the towpath along a remote Scottish canal in an idyllic setting. Take in almost the entire route of this scenic canal - but cover no more than eight miles!'
'The five degree west line of longitude runs from the southern tip of the Cowal Peninsula to Cape Wrath and traverses some of the finest walking terrain in Scotland. The route described here was pioneered by the author in 2004 and attempts to follow the five degree line as closely as possible from south to north. It represents one of the most challenging long distance walks in Britain.'
'Throughout our walks we'll be telling you the stories, explaining the history, geology, and geography of our landscape. We'll also be keeping a look out for the wildlife and flora of Iona, and of course answer your questions about our spectacular island home.'
'Coast to coast long distance route across central Scotland from Arrochar to St Andrews, linking many places associated with Mary Queen of Scots. The route is largely off-road, using existing paths and tracks with some stretches of quiet country lane and short pathless sections.' Note Original Website cited here unavailable at Review; replaced by Link to the Walkhighlands Site.
'Mull Magic offers a wide variety of wildlife walks and tours throughout the year. Most of our walks are either easy or moderately graded, although our Mountain Magic experience provides more of a challenge.'
'From Oban to St Andrews, crossing the heart of Scotland. It was devised by Brian Smailes who has published a route description and other essential information in the book you can purchase ... Note that the Coast to Coast walk is NOT waymarked. There is a general route description on this page. When used with the rest of Undiscovered Scotland it will give you a clear idea of what the Coast to Coast walk and the places you will be passing through are like. But you will need Brian Smailes' book, plus the relevant Ordnance Survey maps ... and knowledge of how to use them, in order to complete the walk.'
'A unique wilderness walk across the heart of Scotland ... Based on the book Kidnapped, by Robert Louis Stevenson ... Centred around real historical events ... A great way to explore Scotland.'
Ian Logan Stevenson Adventures
Recently Added Listings
- *Ordnance Survey GetOutsideCategory: Across the UK
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- >>> ALL Listings