'Covering 2,550 hectares (6,330 acres) on the Lochalsh peninsula, this traditional Highland crofting estate is a diverse mix of Scotland's most beautiful landscapes. It encompasses croft and farm land, woodland, moorland, villages, coastline, saltmarsh, lochs and offshore islands, and offers stunning views across the water to the mountains of Skye and Applecross.'
Balmacara & The Woodland Walk [Lochalsh Tourist Guide]
'The Inverewe estate offers two self guided walks in addition to a number of guided walks with our Ranger'
'Whether you want to take part in outdoor pursuits and adventure activities like hill-walking, climbing and sea kayaking, or just get away from it all and immerse yourself in wild, unspoilt nature, Kintail and Morvich is the perfect place to do it.'
'With some of the most spectacular mountain scenery in Scotland, Torridon is a magnet for walkers, geologists and naturalists ... Routes to the high tops, and others along the coast, are detailed at the Countryside Centre. You’ll also find information about the wildlife on the estate, part of which is in the Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve.'
Torridon and Gairloch Walks [Walkhighlands]
'We were only founded in the Spring of 2010 and are affiliated with the Mountaineering Council of Scotland. Our current membership is around 20 and we attract members of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. Our members' experience varies from the beginner right through to the seasoned climber.'
'This has to be one of the best destinations in Europe for a walking holiday. Wester Ross has a huge network of paths available to suit a range of abilities from a short, level stroll around Flowedale (in Gairloch) to a full expedition up and around An Teallach, which has been used as a training location for Himalayan climbs!'
'Old coffin routes which were used in time past by burial parties going to Clachan Church at Applecross Bay. There are various cairns along the route which indicate where the procession would have rested and possibly drank to the deceased. They are both very long coffin roads and it is entirely understandable that people would need frequent rests along the way.'
'Applecross is an excellent location for coastal, mountain and forest walks, with a range of route lengths available to suit all levels of fitness and physical ability. The area's network of paths is being expanded and improved under the Partnership Scheme.'
'Ben Mor Coigach is the Scottish Wildlife Trust's largest reserve and is a magical mixture of high peaks and coastline; crofted land and wild land; of people and of nature in the raw ...'
'Easy access to outstanding countryside for hill walking and trails, Dingwall provides a great base from which to explore many interesting and varied attractions including world class golf courses, local distilleries and breathtaking mountain scenery.' Note that the original Website referenced here - Dingwall, the Market Town - I could no longer find; so I have replaced the Link.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings