Around and About, Aberdeenshire
Includes a range of locations for information about paths and trails.
Paths and Outdoor Access [Aberdeenshire Council]
'BOOTS offers people living in the Aberdeenshire area and their friends and visitors the means of organising access to the hills in the company of others with a similar interest in hillwalking.'
Around and About, Aberdeenshire
'Nine forests and nine ways to revel in trails, wildlife and lots of peace and quiet ... '
'From Waterside you can follow the Dune Trail to explore the Ythan estuary, the dunes and beach ... From the Visitor Centre the Heath Trail takes you round the northern section of the Reserve ... The wonderful hidden Hackley Bay makes an enjoyable short extension to either of the two way marked trails ... The routes can be combined to create a much longer route for those looking for a full day's walk.'
'Our members walk on a regular basis, and meet every 3rd Wednesday in the Royal British Legion, School Street, Fraserburgh at 7.30 pm, all new members are most welcome to attend. Our walks cover the whole of Scotland and their is usually a walk to suit all ages and all levels of fitness.'
Mar Lodge, Aberdeenshire
Occupies nearly 7% of the Cairngorms National Park, covers some of the most remote and scenic wild land in Scotland, including four of the five highest mountains in the UK. Within its boundaries are fine examples of classic features of a Highland landscape: remnants of the ancient Caledonian pine forest, heather moorland, juniper scrub and a part of the high Cairngorm plateau. Fifteen of the Trust's 46 Munros can be found in the Cairngorms around Mar Lodge.'
Around and About, Aberdeenshire
'From magnificent mountains in the Cairngorms National Park to beautiful beaches and coastlines, Aberdeen City and Shire is a vast area just waiting to be discovered. Lace up your hiking boots and explore the stunning region on foot, from its jaw-dropping scenery, wonderful wildlife and fascinating history.'
'When Balmoral is open to the Public the Ranger Service are pleased to offer a series of guided walks. Each Wednesday afternoon during April, May, June and July they provide a guided woodland walk, which starts from the Carriage Hall Exhibition at 2.00 p.m.'
Spittal of Glenmuick, Aberdeenshire
'This old route is marked as "Mounth Capell" on the Gough Map, which has been dated to between 1355 and 1366. This would have been a very convenient pass between Glen Muick and the Braes of Angus and may have been a good deal used in the days when the district was more populated.'
'The fast-growing town of Ellon now has its own circular walk enabling visitors and residents to appreciate the town's unrivalled setting by the banks of the Ythan.'
Bennachie, near Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
'This challenging long distance route runs from the Bennachie Centre to Suie in the west. Allow a day to complete the full trail.'
The Gordon Way [Aberdeenshire Council]
Drove road from the Bridge of Muick outside Ballater to to the end of the public road at Invermark, 5km from Tarfside: 'Queen Victoria and Prince Albert crossed by Mount Keen in 1861. A well commemorates the spot where they rested after riding from Deeside, and it bears the following couplet: "Rest, Traveller, on this lonely green, and drink, and pray for Scotland's Queen"''
Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire
'Royal Deeside is a walker's paradise. A full description of all the walks on offer would require a substantial document. Numerous books are available and the Upper Deeside Access Trust (UDAT) [now evolved into the Cairngorms Outdoor Access Trust] publishes very attractive maps detailing some of the easier walks and cycle rides that start at Braemar and Ballater.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings