Tree Trail 'There are over 100 species of tree in the Belfast Botanic Gardens collection. This trail takes you past a few of the outstanding specimens. All of the trees on the trail are described and illustrated in detail in the tree archive of the Friends of Belfast Botanic Gardens website.'
Note that 'we're restoring the Tropical Ravine ... The Tropical Ravine will close from Monday 17 November 2014 for the restoration work to begin on the building. The park will remain open, but the Ravine and some paths will close during construction'.
'We walk every Saturday (except for holidays). We nearly always use public transport. Our club is especially suitable for over-50s. The walks are not too strenuous. We go to places all over Northern Ireland ... '
'We've developed a walking trail in partnership with the Northern Ireland Tourist Board, which tells the stories of some of the famous people buried in the cemetery, as well as linking the City Cemetery's maritime heritage and Titanic Belfast.'
Belfast City Cemetery [Visit Belfast]
'We walk on Saturday afternoons ... Walks start at 2pm ... We travel by sharing cars to the start of the walk ... Walks are tailored according to each walker's ability ... Members are in the over 50 age range ... Walks vary from 3 – 5 miles.'
'Amblers [short & undemanding]- Ramblers [ 5-6 miles with some hills] - Scramblers [average 7-9 miles hill walking] - Not the Munros [experience the Mournes without steep climbs]
'The Club was formed in July 1983 with the following aims:  To provide a programme of organised walks - - - :  To secure and maintain the right to walk in the countryside, on public paths, mountain tracks and open moorland - - - :  To encourage recreational walking and the appreciation of the countryside - - - :  To help protect the natural beauty from despoliation.
'We are an easy rambling club and walks are arranged to suit our members within reasonable limits. Those who feel unable to complete the full walks are encouraged to adapt the walks to their own requirements.'
'Formed in 1979, The Spartan Red Sox Walking Club organise day walks, week and weekend trips in Ireland, sometimes further afield, and social events.'
'Between 1971 and 1998 Belfast City Centre was the setting for many tragic incidents of the sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland (The Troubles). This unique walking tour of the City Centre visits the actual sites of some of the most significant events.'
'Experience the Belfast Hills, renowned for providing a unique backdrop to a thriving urban area. Being so close to the city, fantastic views over Belfast and beyond can be easily enjoyed at Cave Hill and Belfast Castle or Black Mountain ... With well over half a million hikes taken every year, walking is the number one recreational activity in the Belfast Hills.'
'The Connswater Community Greenway is committed to developing a number of heritage and tourism trails which will encourage visitors and locals to learn about the vast history of the area, to visit the Greenway and to visit east Belfast. So why not get on your walking shoes and explore east Belfast?'
'The mountains rest in the heart of the Belfast Hills, which provide the backdrop to the city's skyline. The rich, varied archaeological landscape is home to a host of wildlife. There are walking trails along a variety of terrain: through heath, on stone tracks, along boardwalks and road surface.'
'There are few better ways to get to know Belfast than through the eyes and words of its writers. The Literary Belfast iPhone app takes you on a journey through the city and the many shades of our history, from the splendour of Belfast City Hall and the notable lives commemorated in Writer's Square, to back alleys and quiet suburban streets where our finest writers lived, walked and worked ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings