Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Pembrokeshire
'With over 950 km of public footpaths, and bridleways, walking is an ideal way to discover the spectacular scenery, abundant wildlife and fascinating history of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.'
Around and About, Pembrokeshire
'First formed in 1974, and we have grown into a flourishing and friendly association of walkers and extend a warm welcome to visitors in this beautiful part of Wales ...'
'Picton Castle is an RHS Partner Garden and comprises 40 acres of some of the most beautiful woodland gardens and grounds in West Wales ...'
St Dogmaels, Pembrokeshire
'St Dogmaels (Welsh: Llandudoch) is a village in North Pembrokeshire, Wales, on the estuary of the River Teifi. It was the winner of the Wales Calor Village of the year in 2006. The village contains the remains of a 12th century abbey and one of 2 working watermills in Wales.' Note Website unavailable at Review; cf Facebook Site.
Around and About, Pembrokeshire
'If you're new to walking or if you don't want to venture too far we have included a series of short or easy walking options, some starting not far from your very own doorstep ...'
Strumble Head, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire
'The Celtic Way is a long-distance walk from West Wales, through South Wales and into Wessex and the West of England in the United Kingdom.'
Around and About Haverford West, Pembrokeshire
'The Cleddau Trail is an initiative of Pembrokeshire Rivers Trust to encourage local community access to, and involvement with, the Western and Eastern Cleddau rivers. Seven Sites are currently featured on each of the two rivers.' At each Site there is information about the Walks available around and about.
North of Rosebush, Pembrokeshire
'WalkingThe Golden Road is a stirring experience. It takes you along the Preseli ridge across wild moorland following a route that is said to date back to the Neolithic period, 5000 years ago.'
Pembroke Town Quay, Pembrokeshire
'The town’s centrepiece is its magnificent Norman castle, standing proudly at the head of a rocky ridge and surrounded on three sides by water. It is one of the finest and best preserved strongholds in the country ... The Main Street, which runs the length of the old town, is ideal for strolling and browsing ... There are gentle walks along the Mill Pond (look out for kingfishers and otters) and to the remains of Monkton’s Benedictine Priory.'
Pembroke Town Guide [Pembroke Town Council]
St Dogmaels, Pembrokeshire
'From St Dogmaels in the north to Amroth in the south, the trail covers almost every kind of maritime landscape from rugged cliff tops and sheltered coves to wide-open beaches and winding estuaries.'
St Davids Cathedral, Pembrokeshire
'Walk from St Davids Cathedral at the south west tip of Wales to Bangor Cathedral in Gwynedd, North Wales. It visits the best coastal scenery and the best mountain scenery in Wales, offering a unique opportunity to link the Pembrokeshire and Snowdonia National Parks in one walk ... There is now, the newly completed Wales Coast Path which has an excellent web site and provides a complete, alternative route from St Davids to Bangor along the coast. Much longer (501k instead of 400k) and nothing like as interesting as the route described on this Site but, if you are gluttons for punishment you could walk from St Davids to Bangor and back again, using both routes.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings