'Cardigan U3A has 3 different walking groups. These groups are not exclusive and many of our members walk with more than one group. The walking groups range from the aptly-named Strollers, via the Friday Walkers, to the more energetic Tuesday Walkers ... '
'The network of public paths offers an excellent way to explore Ceredigion. The diverse countryside offers a range of opportunities for the walker, from gentle coastal walks to rugged mountain hikes ...'
'Whether you want to stride out over Plynlimon Mountain in the historic footsteps of George Borrow, stroll through the enchanted Hafod Estate, get close enough to feed the majestic Red Kite or just relax in the breath taking countryside, the Pumlumon area is the place for you.'
'Fancy a mountain hike or a soft shoe shuffle? A sturdy country walk or a quiet amble? Take your pick to enjoy Ceredigion’s vast natural beauty with fabulous mountain and seascapes at virtually every turn. Perhaps the most spectacular walks are along the various stages of the Wales Coast Path along Ceredigion’s 60 miles of rugged coast, coves and beaches.'
'The Teifi Valley town of Llandysul and the neighbouring village of Pont Tyweli are one of the most favoured localities in Wales for freshwater angling, white-water canoeing and walking. Llandysul and Pont Tyweli are a Walkers are Welcome area.' Downloadable Walks gives access to PDFs of the Booklet Llandysul Trails. However Website unavailable at Review; replaced with Link to Facebook Site.
Walking Group established in 2003, usually walking about once per month throughout the year: 'You don't need to be a Member to attend your first two Walks with the Club, but please choose a grade A or B walk the first time you join us'.
'There are two main circular routes: 1.5 miles and 3 miles. Both are unsuitable for wheelchairs. One route is without stiles and the longer route is rugged.'
'Ystwyth Forest is near the coastal town of Aberystwyth and sits within a spectacular landscape which is characterised by river valleys ... The nearby Hafod Estate, famous for its "Picturesque" landscape, offers five waymarked trails.'
'There’s a whole world of wonderful walks out there in Aberystwyth and Ceredigion, and we're putting together a handy guide to help you get your boots muddy! With so much beautiful countryside to explore in the area, and with Snowdonia National Park only 30 minutes drive away Aberystwyth welcomes walkers, and provides the ideal base for a bit of exploring ...'
'Maps of some of the circular and linear walks and hikes for you to enjoy around Cardigan Bay. Follow the links to download the maps, which come complete with useful information on special points of interest along the way.'
'Follows the spectacular and varied coastline of Cardigan Bay on the west coast of Wales. Stunning scenery, picturesque villages and a wealth of wildlife - including the highest numbers of dolphin sightings in the UK - make Ceredigion a perfect place for a week's coastal walking.'
'The Forum is a voluntary body with up to 22 members, appointed following advertising, which represents land managers and owners, users of land and those with other interests. The Forum advises the local authority and other bodies on access and recreation issues.'
'To get information from the Interactive Map such as route numbers and status of routes simply click once on any desired public right of way on the map and a table will come up with key information.'
'Runs through places associated with the poet Dylan Thomas in Ceredigion, west Wales. It was officially opened by Aeronwy Thomas, in July 2003. The trail is marked by blue plaques and information boards in Lampeter, Aberaeron, and New Quay.'
'Welcome to the Elenydd Wilderness Hostels Trust, set up to save some much-loved youth hostels in the Elenydd for future generations. The Elenydd is an area in the southern Cambrian Mountains of mid-Wales, between Llanwrtyd Wells and Tregaron. It is a wild and beautiful place, with silence broken only by a gurgling stream, the bleating of sheep or the call of a bird. It is a wonderful area for outdoor activities like walking and cycling, an ideal place to escape from the pressures of the modern world ... '
'Hafod Uchtryd, 12 miles south-east of Aberystwyth, is recognised as one of the finest examples in Europe of a Picturesque landscape ... Five way-marked walks, of varying length and difficulty, enable visitors to explore the Hafod landscape on foot. All are signed from the church car park, where a guide map can be purchased from a dispensing machine (takes 2 x £1 coins). The guide map is also available from Tourist Information Centres, by post from the Estate Office, or through this website ...'
'Many of the cottages we advertise are in or close to New Quay where there are a number of scenic walks, footpaths and trails There is a choice of walks through wooded valleys, coastal paths, along beaches, and around historic trails ... New Quay is also on the newly established Ceredigion Coastal Path which connects with the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path at Cardigan / Poppit Sands.'
'As Britain's longest river, the Severn offers explorers the opportunity to discover a wide variety of landscapes ranging from the dramatic Cambrian Mountains in Mid Wales, through deep gorged valleys and onto the rolling pastureland of its southern reaches before meet the confluence with the Celtic Sea.'
'The estuary of the River Teifi is at the centre of spectacular landscapes and seascapes. The river valley is a Special Area of Conservation whilst the Cardigan Bay Special Area of Conservsation lies seaward. Fron the Estuary's northern shore, Ceredigion's Heritage Coast extends towards enchanting coastal settlements such as Tresaith, Aberporth and Llangrannog before proceeding towards New Quay, Aberaeron and Aberystwyth. The spectacular Pembrokeshire Coast National Park extends southwards from the other bank of the Teifi Estuary ...'
'This route takes you through delightful woodland gorges, along a picturesque riverside and through the stunning Teifi Marshes, owned and managed by South and West Wales Wildlife Trust.'
'Our trails blog showcases a wide selection of ideas for days out, whether that involves driving, walking, cycling or adventure trails ... We'll bring you the best trails from both local sources and across the internet ...'
'Twm Town Walk (3.5miles) | Cors Caron Walk (4 miles) | The Elephant Walk (5.5miles) | Tregaron to Llanddewi Brefi Walk (9 miles) Strata Florida to Tregaron Walk (9 miles) | Pentre Bach Walk (9.5 miles) | Cwm Berwyn Walk (11 miles)'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings