'London’s largest open space, at approximately 6,000 acres. The forest stretches 12 miles from Manor Park in east London to just north of Epping in Essex. '
PDFs of seven Countrycare Walks:  Abridge - - - :  Chigwell - - - :  Greensted - - - :  Lambourne - - - :  Nazeing - - - :  Theydon Bois - - - :  Sheering
'Was formed over 50 years ago as a Group for those people who want to do a range of activities in the outdoors. We don't specialise but will try nearly anything. We arrange something for most weekends, with walking and cycling being our most frequent activities, but also have a range of social events which our members might put on the programme.'
'The Forest Ramblers are a London walking club founded in 1884. We are generally believed to be the oldest rambling club still in existence in the UK: on November 30th 2014 we celebrated the 130th anniversary of the club’s formation.'
'Path stretching frm Epping to Harwich ... You can walk it in stages, or make a holiday of it staying in accommodation along the way ... Along the way there are waymarks posts to help you.'
'A varied programme of walks throughout the Forest is organised by the Friends of Epping Forest. Led by knowledgeable Forest enthusiasts, these walks provide an opportunity to find out more about the Forest. Some are a gentle stroll, while others are taken at a faster pace. The walks are free, but donations to support the work of the Friends are welcome.'
'The woods in these country parks on the outskirts of London are all former hunting grounds providing venison for the kinsg's table. At Bedfords Park this is commemorated with a deer park holding a herd of red deer, managed by the London Borough of Havering, and in all the woods there are fallow and muntjac deer living wild.'
'A pleasant walk in Essex with extensive views over central Essex. It takes in the unusual "twin Churches" of Willingale. Be prepared for some parts of the walk to be a bit muddy and overgrown at some times during the year.'
'With his remarkable story as inspiration the John Clare Walk recreates, “in the spirit of John Clare", the poet’s trek northwards from High Beach in Essex to Helpston, the village of Clare’s much loved first home and the site of Clare Cottage.'
'Short Epping Forest walks in and around Loughton from the book by Chris and Caroline Pond ... These are short walks, mostly of about an hour's duration, in that part of Epping Forest situated in the parish of Loughton. They are designed for non-specialist strollers rather than for purposeful and experienced ramblers, to whom we suspect they would seem rather short and tame.'
'Walk meandering through the countryside of Essex, from Chipping Ongar to the ancient chapel of St Peter-on-the-Wall at Bradwell on Sea.'
'Walking route along the footpaths and green lanes between the ancient woodlands and hunting grounds of Epping Forest and Hatfield Forest. This marvelous walking route meanders gently through the rolling Essex countryside making it one of my favourite Essex walks. I regularly walk sections of The Forest Way, especially in and around Epping Forest, and find it very easy to follow with plenty of signposts and waymakers ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Ordnance Survey GetOutsideCategory: Across the UK
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- >>> ALL Listings