Around and About, Erewash
The River Erewash 'gives its name to the Erewash Valley, which has a rich industrial history, and the local government district and borough of Erewash, which was named after the river when the former borough of Ilkeston and urban district of Long Eaton were united with some of the surrounding rural areas in 1974'.
Download from the Website PDFs of about two dozen 'Country Walks' in and around Erewash.
The Leaflet 'guides you through the Cemetery, highlighting the characters buried and the detailed symbolism on the gravestones ... The Friends of Stanton Road Cemetery are a group of local people who believe that this site is a special place and should be cared for'.
Around and About, Erewash
Walking for Health 'Our local health walks provide low intensity walks which are suitable for people of all abilities. The walks are mostly on flat ground with no stiles to climb; the walks last for approximately 1 - 1.5 hours and are varied week by week. The walks are also suitable for people with a range of medical conditions which would benefit from increased physical activity levels.'
Dale Abbey, Erewash
'Recreational Route circumnavigating the City of Derby. It has been created to celebrate 75 years of Derby Nomad Ramblers which was established in September 1935.'
Long Eaton Town Hall, Erewash
'To celebrate the final phase of the Long Eaton Townscape Heritage Initiative, the Council has produced a self-guided walk booklet so that residents and visitors can follow a route to see some of the town's historic buildings – including properties that have been repaired through the THI project.'
Sawley, Long Eaton, Erewash
'The Midshires Way is a long distance foot path and bridleway linking the Ridgeway National Trail in the South with the Trans Pennine Trail in the North - a distance of some 225 miles. In Derbyshire, the Midshires Way uses existing paths and tracks from Sawley near Long Eaton to Duffiled, then linking with the High Peak Trail near Wirksworth. The Trail passes the Peak National Park to Buxton. The Way follows paths and trails up the Goyt Valley towards New Mills and on via the Goyt Way to Stockport.'
Long Eaton, Erewash
'A 10 mile traffic free path between Long Eaton, Shipley Country Park and Heanor.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings