The Walking Group 'has continued to maintain a varied programme of member–led walks during the year, some with a literary or historical interest, but all enabling us to enjoy the beauty of the countryside. We've walked through snow (occasionally), mud (often), climbed stiles, scaled hills and enjoyed each other's company; not to mention the refreshment in various hostelries at the end of each walk'.
'A Walking Group doing walks of 12 to 18 miles in the winter and 16 to 20 miles in the summer. Just about all walks stop at a Pub/Inn for refreshments at Midday, but most people have a Picnic Lunch. Non Walking members often come to the Lunch Stop to catch up on the latest news and enjoy the company. Also some members who find the whole walk too long either just walk in the morning or in the afternoon. No finish times are published for the walks. Membership is only £5.00 Per Year.'
'Crosses the counties of West Sussex, East Sussex and Kent providing an opportunity to explore the heart of south-east England. Meandering through one of England’s finest landscapes - the High Weald Landscape Trail links the area’s ridge-top villages and allows exploration of the features that make the area unique.'
'Circular walk ... which virtually encompasses the town of Horsham using paths alongside various watercourses.'
'For many people Horsham's greatest amenity is its easily accessible countryside. There can't be many towns this size where you can set out from the shopping centre and be in open country within five minutes. We can even circumnavigate Horsham on the Riverside Walk, and if we choose to walk across town instead we can do so via any number of parks, green spaces and traffic-free paths. To celebrate this we're publishing some of our favourite walks ...'
'The Steyning & District Community Partnership has been working with funding through Awards for All to produce a new series of four self-guided walks taking in the best of the countryside and heritage surrounding Steyning ... Each walk guide contains everything you need to know, including comprehensive directions , a clear map, and a wealth of information about some of the sights and places on each route.'
Steyning and District Community Partnership Project
'Opened in 2005, the Sussex Ouse Valley Way is a beautiful 42 mile journey that broadly follows the River Ouse from its source close to Lower Beeding in the High Weald to the sea at Seaford Bay.'
'There are many footpaths in Warnham – most well used and clearly marked – covering the whole parish. The Warnham Society – with the financial support of the Parish Council – have produced a map of the footpaths in the village. A copy can be downloaded ... '
'Links Horsham in West Sussex with Chichester Cathedral ... And as you follow the trail the Guidebook will bring the walk alive with stories of dozens of literary connections along the way ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings