'Get a birds-eye view of gorgeous Harwood Dale from the escarpment edge on a circular walk (just under 6 miles) that starts and finishes in the shade of Broxa Forest ...'
Walk 1395 - Circular Walk around Broxa & Broxa Forest [Walking Britain]
'The Yorkshire Coast Group is based in and around Scarborough on the East Coast of North Yorkshire. We have around 70 members from all walks of life and give a friendly welcome to anyone who would like to join us.'
'The 110 km (68 miles) stretch of the England Coast Path from Filey Brigg to Newport Bridge is now open to the public. Coastal access rights came into force along this stretch of coast on 21 July 2016 by order of the Secretary of State.'
'Waymarked trail which takes you from the source of the River Esk and brings you to the estuary where it joins the sea at Whitby harbour. A moorland-to-coast walk, it also leads you through riverside country and a steep wooded gorge. '
'Fossil walks, talks and lectures, guided walks, community events (Rosedale Show, Celebration of our Community Event in Robin Hood's Bay), rock & fossil road-shows, practical conservation, our Newsletter Exposure and Geonaut events (CSI Dinosaur – Victorian Geologists – fossil walk and road-show) are all part of what we do to spread the word about the importance of geology, its fragility, its vital importance to the way we live and what we can do to understand it better and make sure it isn't overlooked.'
'Welcome to the North Sea Trail website of wonderful walks along the North Yorkshire Coast. It's a great way to enjoy the natural and cultural heritage of our fascinating coastline.' Note that the North Sea Trail Website seems now to have disappeared completely, so I have replaced the Link with one to the LDWA Website.
'A Spy Mission themed walking Treasure Trail exploring around Scarborough Harbour & Castle ... A Treasure Trail is an imaginative way to explore towns, cities & villages across the UK with a self-guided themed walk. An easy to follow route will enable you to crack the clues whilst taking in some of the most fascinating sights along the way. We have over 1,200 Trails across the UK, and it doesn’t matter if you’re local, or visiting somewhere new for the first time ...'
'Pilgrimage route from Hinderwell in Yorkshire to Whitby Abbey. It visits eight Churches and Chapels all dedicated to St Hilda, as well as two other churches named after St Hedda and St Mary. Hilda was Abbess of Hartlepool and founder of Whitby Abbey, raised in King Edwin of Northumbria’s Court.'
'Route takes you from the coast at Scarborough and along the Tabular Hills to the delightful market town of Helmsley. On its own, it takes four days to complete – but combine it with the Cleveland Way National Trail and you'll have walked around the entire perimeter of the National Park in around 2 weeks!'
'The Moorland Crosses are a series of crosses, some ancient and some considerably newer, right across the whole North York Moors area ... In 1971 members of the Scarborough and District Search and Rescue team devised a walk around the North York Moors that took in 14 of the moorland "crosses". The purpose of the walk was to raise money to buy radios that the team needed. The intention was to complete it over a 24 hour period starting at midday from Goathland and finishing by midday on the following day. The first walk took place in October 1971 and was undertaken by a group of six ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings