Winkworth Arboretum, Waverley
'We've marked out three different routes to help you find your way: a blue "Access for All" walk, a yellow "Taste of Winkworth" walk and a red "Challenging" walk. Just look out for the colour-coded posts as you explore.'
Fourteen 'Discovery Walks in and around the Parish of Witley – walks of various lengths exploring the historic landscape, wildlife and built heritage of the civil parish of Witley, Surrey'.
'Outstanding days out for long distance walkers tackling the whole route from Haslemere, in Surrey, through to Hamstreet, in Kent. There are also many opportunities for anyone wishing to sample shorter sections in the two counties.'
'Haslemere is a gateway town to Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with a diverse and rich landscape which has helped to inspire many great artists and authors. Walking is a favourite pastime in Haslemere where visitors are keen to enjoy the fresh air and stunning scenery, and the town makes a great base for exploring the surrounding area and picturesque villages.'
'An undulating circular walk from Tilford village passing close to The Sands village and the historic ruins of Waverley Abbey. The walk involves an uphill stretch to the top of Crooksbury Hill with good views to the South Downs on a clear day. There are some sections of road walking.'
'A new spur of circa 9.5 miles from Haslemere to Midhurst has been added to the Midhurst Way, now making it circa 29 miles long from Haslemere to Arundel. Access and egress is available via train from Victoria to Arundel and Waterloo to Haslemere ...' Unfortunately at Review the Link to the 'Violet Designs' Website was unavailable; so I have changed to the GPS Cycle and Walking Site.
'Follow in the footsteps of Pilgrims on an inspirational journey from Farnham to Canterbury and the White Cliffs of Dover through a landscape rich in scenery and heritage.'
High Street, Haslemere, Waverley
'Leads you through the purple heather, green woods and golden valleys of the Sussex greensand hills. From Black Down you can wind your way along the sinuous route of the sandy heaths, a rare and special place for people and wildlife.'
Alice Holt Forest near Farnham, Waverley
'It’s a new long distance path which will link villages and towns in east Hampshire through some beautiful countryside.'
'The Sculpture Park Is The World's Largest All Year Sculpture Exhibition With Over 300 Artists Showcasing 600 Sculptures, Almost Everything Is For Sale And As A Result The Exhibits Are Forever Changing So There Is Always Something New To Discover.'
Around and About, Waverley
'The West Weald Landscape Project works to conserve and enhance the special natural environment of an extensive area through a co-ordinated approach to management for wildlife, quality of the environment and use and appreciation by people ... We encourage you to explore this beautiful natural area by enjoying "wild walks" around the nature "hotspots" of this internationally important environment.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings