'Walks and Walking in Britain: Walking Books, Accommodation, Maps, Walking Holidays, Free Walks ... Here You Can Access Over 16,000 Walks Across Britain ...' Note 'Bestwalks.com is now under new ownership and we are planning lots of exciting developments to the website ...' (2016)
'Walkhighlands' misson is to encourage the enjoyment of walking through being the best information source and social network for walkers in Scotland. In doing so we also aim to help the small, local tourism businesses so vital to Scotland's rural economy through providing low-cost, highly-targetted advertising.'
'With nearly 15,000 pages of walking information, including many walk descriptions, "Walking Britain" is dedicated to the footpaths that cross the landscape ... The aim is to make this the best walking site in Britain with a wide variety of walks and your input is always welcome ...'
Link to the Wikipedia Category listing six Subcategories and twenty-seven Pages. (Individually named paths, trails and related walks are referenced here under their name.)
'Here at Walking Pages our mission is to provide a user friendly information resource for people who enjoy recreational walking in the countryside. We hope to give you ideas for places to go for a walk either locally or, if you are planning a holiday, anywhere in the British Isles.'
'On Walkingworld you can find over 6500 routes, contributed by more than 450 walkers from all round Britain. This huge library of carefully prepared guides means you can find a good selection of walks, of varying lengths and grades, pretty well anywhere in the country.'
'Welcome to Scotland, land of the brave and fearless. It is also land for the adventurous walker, camper and intrepid explorer. www.walkscotland.com is a comprehensive list of walking tours, mountain treks and adventure spots for walking, treking and camping in Scotland's beautiful hills, trails and mountains.'
'This is a geocaching resource website and blog that maps the geocache trails across the UK – England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It is also a useful resource for anything geocaching including links, geocaching news, useful tips and snippets of geocaching information. As you zoom in more trails will show. Click on the map marker to see useful information about the trail and links to geocaching.com.'
'OutDoors GPS makes it really easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence, so you can spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. There's no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps ... and go' Access to over 30,000 routes already created over the last few years. App designed for iPhone and iPad.
'Intended for anyone who loves walking in the countryside and wishes to find Accommodation, Restaurants, Pubs, Public Transport and other services. Initially for long-distance footpaths, we are extending Ramblefest to include short walks in the National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty ...'
'Aims to make it easy to get into outdoor activities and sports by bringing events, charity challenges, activities & holidays, clubs, expert advice, online shops, local shops, local specialists and accommodation all together under one roof.'
'The Home Of Walking Festivals In The UK & Ireland ... Walking Festivals UK is the main resource for finding and listing walking festivals and events ... If you find your festival is not listed please submit your Walking Festival.'
'Walking Places is your place on the web to store and publish your walking journals, diaries and guides. Whether you keep a record of the walks you do with the dog or write a daily diary of your long distance walks, we want you to tell the world about it, through the medium of Walking Places ... Your help is needed! I'm trying desperately to keep this site alive and free of advertising ...'
'Hello and welcome to the forum. Feel free to discuss any issues relating to walking and hiking in the UK here. Remember to bookmark this site and come back often to help make this a lively community and great resource for all ... Please do not advertise or promote your products or website on the boards (although you can put a link to your walking related site in your sig). Active members are welcome to include a link to their walking related website in our Links section where we'd normally expect a reciprocal link in return ...'
'Whether you’re a weekend rambler, like to walk once a month or a group planning its next charity hike, WalkScene is the website for you. We’re continually adding to our a growing list of detailed walking routes from around the country and further afield.'
'Where2Walk presents the best walks in the Yorkshire Dales, the best walks in the North York Moors , the best walks in the Lake District and where best to stay to fully enjoy them ... Each walk is FREE to use, to follow and download ... '
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings