Condor Green Car Park, Lancaster
''Circular walk exploring the varied countryside south of the historic city of Lancaster.' See also the Note on the East Lancashire LDWA Site itself.
Blackheath Gate, Charlton Way, Greenwich Park, Greenwich
'A walk through Greenwich Park from the Blackheath Gate on Charlton Way (53 bus) to the Park Row Gate (adjacent National Maritime Museum). The meridian is marked in a number of places.'
Janet Digby London Footprints
Map of Greenwich Park [The Royal Parks]
Around and About, Belfast
'Between 1971 and 1998 Belfast City Centre was the setting for many tragic incidents of the sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland (The Troubles). This unique walking tour of the City Centre visits the actual sites of some of the most significant events.'
Newton Poppleford, East Devon
'The East Devon Way, one of the County's long-distance recreational walking routes, stretches for nearly 40 miles between Exmouth and Lyme Regis inland of and parallel to the South West Coast Path. There are a number of places where the two can be linked, thus creating a series of long-distance circular walks throughout East Devon ...'
Chancery Lane Underground Station, Camden
'The walk begins at Chancery Lane underground station and ends at Tottenham Court Road underground station. The walk will take about three hours to complete, depending upon the time spent in gardens.'
Highbury & Islington Underground Station, Islington
'This walk explores some of Islington's many and varied squares and other garden spaces ... The full walk is about 7km (4 miles) long and takes about two to three hours to complete, depending upon the time spent in gardens.'
St Paul's Cathedral, City of London
'Explores nearly 2000 years of London's history, with gardens built around Roman remains and church ruins, the gardens of city livery companies, and those made in churchyards and on bombsites after WW2.
Glen Nevis Visitor Centre, Inverness-shire
'Be prepared is a very sensible approach to life so I would not suggest anyone attempting this walk without careful planning but even with the top in cloud and a section of the path covered in snow it was impossible to get lost ...'
Templecombe, South Somerset
'The Full Circle will take 4 to 5 hours. You can of course join or leave the route at various places ... '
Peter Andrew and Timothy Law
Abberley, Malvern Hills
'A delightful walk through a delightful part of the county, The Abberley Circular Walk is a fantastic way of experiencing spectacular countryside. There is so much to see on this walk at any time of year.'
Around and About, St Albans
'Although the Abbey Flyer links two major population centres in South-West Hertfordshire, there are parts of the line that can still be described as truly rural, and when the sun is sunshine you may be pleasantly surprised just how nice this part of Hertfordshire can be!'
Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds
'The beautiful Yorkshire countryside, with its gently sloping hills, valleys and amazing scenic views, is home to some of England's greatest abbeys. The Abbey Trail links seven of these historic buildings at Kirkstall, Fountains, Byland, Rievaulx, Lastingham, Rosedale and Whitby into a great long distance path with an ecclesiastical and historical theme.'
The Abbey Trail by Clive Newsome (Sigma Press, 2003)
Ripon Cathedral, Ripon, Harrogate
'Links up three famous Yorkshire Abbeys (Fountains Abbey, Jervaulx Abbey and Bolton Priory) as well as visiting three Yorkshire castles (Ripley, Bolton and Middleham).' Book obtainable from Dales Court Press
Abbots Bromley, East Staffordshire
'A walk through history would be the best way to describe this lengthy ramble through rural Staffordshire. The walk takes you to the historic village of Abbots Bromley, where many traditional activities still thrive, before circling the famous woodlands of Bagot Forest, now owned by the Forestry Commission.'
Aber Valley, Caerphilly
'The Aber Valley, which was originally part of Glamorgan, but now in its post-mining era is part of the County Borough of Caerphilly, is made up of Abertridwr village and the more northerly village of Senghenydd both original mining communities with an extensive history of events that made the Valley what it is today. The valley has subsequently been in decline since the closure of the pits, the major employer in the area for over a century. This has continued, exacerbated by the economic decline within the valley itself ...'
Around and About, City of Aberdeen
'The vision for Aberdeen's Core Paths Plan is to "form a complete paths network throughout the City, encouraging healthy and sustainable access opportunities for all". The Core Paths Plan will form a key part of outdoor access provision and will help to support wider national, regional and local policy objectives on health, recreation, education, economic development, social inclusion, community development, sustainable transport and tourism.'
Around and About, City of Aberdeen
'The trails explore Aberdeen's cultural and natural heritage, improve access to the countryside, the urban area and promote walking for health.'
'A network of coastal and inland paths between Cullen in the North and St Cyrus in the South.'
Aberdeenshire Coastal Trail [Visit Scotland]
'There’s a whole world of wonderful walks out there in Aberystwyth and Ceredigion, and we're putting together a handy guide to help you get your boots muddy! With so much beautiful countryside to explore in the area, and with Snowdonia National Park only 30 minutes drive away Aberystwyth welcomes walkers, and provides the ideal base for a bit of exploring ...'
Around and About, West Cornwall
'The Access to Nature Cornwall Project is in essence about inspiring local people of all ages to learn more about and enjoy the natural spaces around them ... This website is a legacy for the project, creating a space in which users can continue to learn and interact with their local environment, and a place to keep you inspired in the future. The website has nature trail maps and activity packs for each town; bringing alive the nature and green spaces in and around the town you live in ...'
'Dartmoor has walks to suit everyone, no matter what your experience, level of fitness, or mobility. The Authority along with Dartmoor for All have produced the Easy-Going Dartmoor publication which can help those who are less mobile or who have very young children, make the most of what Dartmoor National Park has to offer.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings