Garstang, Wyre (Lancashire)
'Long-distance heritage trail on the three related local themes of fair trade, the British Atlantic slave trade and the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). The 6-day walk links Fairtrade Towns between Garstang (The World’s first Fairtrade Town) and Keswick.'
'This is a website which records Fair Trade Ways walked throughout Wales, and contains ideas for you to create your own walks in your own communities. The walks will vary from long distance paths linking Fairtrade Towns to short walks used by campaigners to promote Fair Trade.'
Around and About Falmouth, West Cornwall
'Our favourite walks encompassing the very best of what the Fal River has to offer. Picture-postcard scenery waits to greet you at every turn of the path.'
Around and About, Falkirk
'Core Paths are rights of way, farm tracks, promoted paths or other routes that provide public access to the countryside and urban areas.'
Falkirk Wheel Visitor Centre, Falkirk
'If you fancy a gentle stroll in the woods The Falkirk Wheel has over 4 miles of woodland paths for you to enjoy. All walks start from the visitor centre and lead you up into the hills where you can discover The Antonine Wall World Heritage Site and Rough Castle Roman Fort.'
Chorlton cum Hardy, Manchester
'An off-road cycle path, pedestrian and horse riding route from Chorlton-cum-Hardy through Fallowfield and Levenshulme to Gorton and Fairfield in Manchester ... At 8 miles long the Fallowfield Loop is thought to be the longest urban cycleway in Britain.'
Wyre, Forest of Discovery, Callow Hill, Wyre Forest
'Guides visitors through areas of the Forest less trodden by the majority of day trippers and thus the opportunity to indulge in the oak woodlands outstanding beauty.'
Faringdon, Vale of White Horse
'Faringdon is set in lovely countryside, around which there are many walks and cycle rides. A group of volunteers from Faringdon have produced a set of 8 walk cards, with walks ranging from 4 - 7 miles, including Badbury Clump, Great Coxwell, Wicklesham, Hatford and Radcot ... '
Faringdon Circular Walk [Oxfordshire County Council] (PDF)
Farmoor Reservoir, Cumnor, Vale of White Horse
'The four-mile walk around the reservoir offers views of the water, woodland paths, Thames riverside meadows and nature reserves ... We have recently built a trail suitable for wheelchairs, which links our accessible bird hide at Pinkhill Meadow with the hide at nearby Shrike Meadow ...'
''Market Town Faversham is Kent's magical destination for day walks and walking holidays, and for savouring fine food and drink while enjoying some of the county's best scenery. Each circular walk is studded with great local food and drink offers. Our Faversham Food Trails showcase the best of local Kent produce ... Channel 4 Southcliffe Series was filmed in Faversham and three of our walks take you past land marks as seen in the series.'
Felixstowe, Suffolk Coastal
Felmersham, Bedford (Borough)
Six Walks in and around the parish of Felmersham ... Felmersham Circular Walk ... Radwell Circular Walk ... Parish Paths Partnership Map Board ... '
Cambridge Railway Station, Cambridge (City)
'Walk between Cambridge and Kings Lynn following the Rivers Cam and Great Ouse. The main route mainly follows the western banks of the rivers, although there is an eastern alternative available between north of Cambridge and Ely. The route is mostly flat, with very little ascent or descent. '
Fen Rivers Way [Norfolk County Council]
Waterside, Colne, Pendle
North Queensferry, Fife
'Runs from the Forth Estuary in the south, to the Tay Estuary in the north and stretches for 117 miles. The path is clearly waymarked and offers a range of walking experiences from the easy and level, to the wild and demanding.'
Around and About, Fife
Information about Fife's 'Core Paths' - including access to a Core Paths Plan Interactive Map - can be found by navigating through the Website's 'Topic Pages'.
Around and About, Fife
'Beryl Leatherland, keen walker and member of the Fife Access Forum, has collated some walks related to the Fife Core Path Network ... Also ... we have various walk leaflets/publications produced by local groups for you to download.'
Walking in Fife [Visit Scotland]
Around and About, City of London
'A walk through how and where global business works.'
'This is an unforgettable walk through hilly beechwoods and villages of Buckinghamshire and South Oxfordshire, easily accessible from London. It is perfect at any time because the beech trees change at every season sometimes with spectacular colours. The walk is easy to follow thanks to the white arrows painted on the trees. There are five good pubs en route ... '
Around and About, Inverclyde
'Guide to some popular, and also some obscure, scenic walks alongside and near the Firth of Clyde. This vast marine geographical feature dominates the southwest region of Scotland.'
Dr Malcolm Sutherland
The Mens Nature Reserve, Chichester
'This is a peaceful mainly woodland walk through one of the wildest nature reserves in south east England. It runs through the hilly country just north of the village of Fittleworth, taking you along little-known paths, visiting the cottage where Elgar composed many of his later works, with fine views and refreshments in the village. '
'The five degree west line of longitude runs from the southern tip of the Cowal Peninsula to Cape Wrath and traverses some of the finest walking terrain in Scotland. The route described here was pioneered by the author in 2004 and attempts to follow the five degree line as closely as possible from south to north. It represents one of the most challenging long distance walks in Britain.'
Grassmoor Country Park, North East Derbyshire
'The Five Pits Trail you see today is a changed landscape from the industrial days of colleries and railways. We now have growing woodlands, lakes, meadows and ponds.'
Pleasley and the Five Pits Trail [Nottinghamshire County Council] (22 miles)
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings