Uffington White Horse, Vale of White Horse
'Discover the legends and magic of one of Britain's greatest antiquities on this spectacular downland walk.'
Pooley Bridge, Eden
'Walking route around Ullswater. The route can be walked in either direction and from any starting point. Why not walk the route in shorter sections, using an open top bus or steamer to start your journey!'
University of Birmingham, Birmingham
'Discover the wealth of styles, subjects and shapes of the University's sculpture collection ... '
Warwick Arts Centre, Coventry
Family Friendly Sculpture Trail 'Take the Sculpture Trail challenge at Warwick Arts Centre! There's no need to book, simply download our FREE family activity packs and explore the University campus. It's suitable for all ages and everyone is welcome ...'
Unsworth Pole, Bury (Lancashire)
'A chance to see some of the Borough's lesser-known countryside, taking you over the M66 to secluded stream valleys and open farmland.' Unfortunately this Walk seems to have disappeared from the Web; so I have replaced the Link with one to Bury's Nature Reserves.
'We love Scotland. We love exploring the beautiful mountains & glens of the Scottish Highlands. We love meeting people and sharing our passion. We decided to combine this energy into creating a small friendly guiding company that offers a highly personalized service for individuals or groups at an affordable price. So whether you want to climb the UK's highest mountain Ben Nevis, tackle one of our challenges, backpack through the mountains or just go for a wee wander we have something for you.'
Uphill, North Somerset
'A series of ten healthy walks around and about Uphill. Explore the wonderful fauna and flora around Uphill as well as going for a purposeful walk to improve your health.'
Upminster Bridge Underground Station, Havering
'Around the fringes of Upminster and Cranham.'
'A book – Walk Wild Essex – is available that includes all the walks on this website, together with illustrated maps, photos and notes on wildlife to look out for ... You can also get Walk Wild Essex apps for iPhone or iPad from the iTunes store.'
Sparklow Car Park, Derbyshire Dales
'The western edge of the limestone plateau is characterised by its striking natural landscape. Two major river valleys, that of the Dove and the Manifold, carve there way through the landscape north to south. The landscape is a mixture between its two extremes, the limestone plateau to the east and the western gritstone edges to the west.' The walk starts on the High Peak Trail.
Andrew Nimmo Peak District Walks
'An illustrated guide to take you from the source of the River Lea through Luton to the boundary where it meets with the longer Lea Valley Walk on its way to London.'
'There are 20 identified sites numbered on the map. You will see 7 information boards along the route which you can follow using the paper map which is available in most outlets in Uppingham Town.'
This Trail was 'described as an exemplar by judges after securing three commendations and one category win in the Eastern Zone entries' in the Towns Alive National Awards 2014. Unfortunately, Action for Market Towns, which was organizing the Awards, 'shortly afterwards ceased trading after hitting cashflow problems'.
'This Website provides 21 walk itineraries of varying length, 3 photo albums (town, country and winter), interactive elements, details of where to eat and drink and much more.'
Stansted Mountfitchet Station, Uttlesford
'Links 16 short circular walks in such a way that they form a continuous circular route which can be followed either way (or both) and start from any point along the route. To walk the whole length both ways is a total of 127 miles'
Uxbridge Underground Station, Hillingdon
'This is a real country walk taking in elements of the Celandine Route, the Hillingdon Trail, the London Loop, the Colne Valley Trail and the Grand Union Canal Walk. Often in deep countryside with no buildings visible, it is nonetheless almost all within the boundary of Greater London.'
Mike Biggs Inner London Ramblers
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings