'Circular walks that have been designed to help you explore the Vale on foot. The walks are of varying distance and take in some of the Vale’s most spectacular views, interesting buildings and beautiful flora and fauna.'
'The walks are taken from Circular Walks in Worcestershire’s Heritage Garden published by Wychavon District Council.'
Archival Website of a 'three year, £650,000 project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund to record, present and celebrate the quarrying and stone working heritage of Rossendale. From the late 18th century to the time of the First World War, quarrying was a major industry in Rossendale, employing thousands of men. Rossendale stone was exported in huge quantities throughout the UK and beyond'.
Hemyock to Staple Hill 'This Walk skirts the valleysides of the three rivers which define the Blackdown Hills – the Culm, the Otter and the Yarty.'
'Explore the beautiful rolling countryside of the Ver Valley through a new series of eight circular walks and the linear trail ... a 17 mile (27km) linear walking route starting from the source of the River Ver at Kensworth Lynch, Bedfordshire and ending at the confluence with the River Colne in Bricket Wood, Hertfordshire.'
Ver Valley Walks [Hertfordshire Countryside Management Service]
'The source of the River Ver is found at Kensworth Lynch. This circular walk explores the beautiful rolling countryside of this river valley. There is a choice of a long (6.7 miles) or short walk (4 miles).'
'A walk with a nice mix of conifer plantation and open heathland. The start and finish of the route takes you close to Stephens Castle. The view from the lookout spans across East Dorset to the coast.'
'Will take you on a historical tour around Victoria Park, where you can listen to memories from local park users and learn about the park's past and how it's changed over nearly 170 years – from the beautiful Burdett-Coutts drinking fountain donated by one of the richest women in the country, to the ever watchful Dogs of Alcibiades statues, mysteriously said to rescue canal users in trouble!'
'One of the most attractive circular leisure cycle routes in Kent, covering 32 miles (51.4km), taking in the coast of Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate before heading inland through the surrounding villages.'
'A long distance footpath which starts on the banks of the Humber and finishes on the shores of Rutland Water.'
'A unique trail of a little less than 18 miles around and between 6 of Bury's most historic villages. The trail consist of 7 quite distinct separate sections each varying in length and scenery between 2 to 5 miles long and ideal for everyone from the seasoned walker to the weekend strollers ... With 14 walks to choose from you'll be spoilt for choice.'
'Here are two walks centred on Virginia Water in Surrey and the dream-like Valley Gardens. One walk (5.25 miles) follows the classic circuit of the lake visiting the Ruins and the Cascade. The other walk (9 miles) takes you into the great open areas of Windsor Great Park, with great views, passing the Bronze Horseman, the Savill Garden and the Obelisk.'
'A round-trip from Virginia Water station passes lakes, totem poles, Roman ruins and mansions.' Unfortunately, at the time of Review, the original Link used here could not be found. So I have replaced it with a more generic Link.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings